No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My missus says she flirted for months with me, trying to get me to pick up on it but I never did. That included trying to lead into a date and I only started to wonder if maybe, possibly she was interested in the days leading up to her going away for two weeks by which point she'd given up on it. She sent me messages whilst on holiday which pushed me a little closer to thinking interest was there as I figured why was she wasting time on her hols messaging me? As she was due to come back I messaged her on Facebook with a very clear disclaimer that if the answer was no I wouldn't bring it up again and she didn't at all need to feel awkward etc but she said yep. Back of the net.

Asking in person though, yipes no. Even with my ex it took OTT circumstances to force it into happening.

Comment

Superman Falls nobbed his missus shortly afterwards.

He only stuck to the ‘main quest’, i.e. no foreplay. When asked afterwards how he rated the experience, he replied ‘it was a 7. There were a few good moments, but I didn’t really click with it completely. It was style over substance. Lots of the individual elements were good, but I found it generally overrated and I wouldn’t go through it again.’
      Last edited by prinnysquad; 26-10-2018, 09:27.

Comment

That is very close to how I'd rate dating

Comment

If I ever split from my wife there’s no way I could be arsed with dating again, it’s too much hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            If I ever split from my wife there’s no way I could be arsed with dating again, it’s too much hassle.
            Me neither. I'd just stick to whores and collecting games again.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              Me neither. I'd just stick to whores and collecting games again.
              Don't be ridiculous!

As if we could afford both!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Don't be ridiculous!

As if we could afford both!
                Their both too expensive now days.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Oh man, I'm awful at picking up signals. Awful.
                  Admittedly I'm pretty bad at picking up signals too.

I started hanging out with one of the guys at one of the uni's societies more often during the week, maybe sit together for lunch, he even snuck me into a lecture as I was super bored when mine was cancelled. I had recently lost a friend who had to go back home in Europe who I used to hang out with in this manner before, mainly drinks after meetings and I would crash on his sofa sometimes. We even had play fights sometimes including play fights and pranks but 100% never any romance, we even joked about it before he left that we had no interest in each other and was that a bit weird? This new friend was far quieter and always seemed to turn up where I was in the library, my favourite shop, at the student union. He even gave me a valentines card which I thanked him for but in someway said I always saw him as a friend which he said no problem.

After one of our society meetings I had to visit my parents via train for the weekend so he offered to walk me to the train station which I was grateful for as he was rather tall and there were lots of chavs/ beggers near the station. We talked about going to the cinema with some friends soon and he stayed until my train arrived. I said thanks and as I went to leave he grabbed me and practically ate my face.

I was NOT impressed, to me this came out of nowhere and when he released my face (still holding my arms against my sides so I didn't go anywhere) he looked very green and apologised profusely as I must have looked thunderous. I got on my train and got a sheepish text from him saying sorry and he realised I had already told him I wasn't interested in the past.

Sad thing was is I had to avoid him for ages and he was in a group I would hang out with, I was later asked by one of the group why they didn't see me as often and they were rather surprised he did that. I don't think he was bad or anything, just made the wrong deceision and I should have maybe distanced myself after the card incident.

Its sad though, I always got along better with guys than girls as friends, mainly due to interests. I felt I had to keep an eye of my behaviour with everyone in case they felt I was leading them on and in the end didn't hang around with them unless we were in a large mixed group. I never really sort out to date anyone, my now long term relationship formed from what was a long term friendship before.

It's so much better now where I don't have to deal with stuff like that much and feel happy to openly speak to male colleagues of mine/ the blokes freely without being too concerned about how I say stuff (the social anxiety deals with any concern of that).

Comment

All I can envisage now is Asura reading this and smashing the house up in a rage. Or perhaps just missing a beat and losing a life on Marioworld.

Comment

Why are all your lives so complicated?

My wife cost me 3 camels and 5000 shekels.

Comment

Cheaper than a Cave board.

Comment

Hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                            My wife cost me 3 camels and 5000 shekels.
                            Which one?

Comment

The whole John Wayne in The Quiet Man approach of just mouth diving someone to reveal you're interest in them is such a blatant epic risk on so many levels its amazing so many attempt it.

Comment

@SF: I have done this on a few occasions in my youth, just because I lacked the ability to suss out the other persons intentions or I felt unable to express my feelings in a way that didn't make me feel totally vulnerable. It was a veritable minefield... of slapped faces and bad breath!

Comment

Working...
                                X