The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90% of women on dating apps: "I want a man who can make me laugh"
    My prediction: 4 months into relationship: "You never take anything seriously - dumped"

I've requested "No duckface pics" in my profile - seriously, just no. What are they thinking? Stuff of nightmares.

Been on a date - (yeah only one - I'm probably not taking this seriously enough) - wasn't great. Seemed good on "paper" but just made me think I much prefer meeting people in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      My prediction: 4 months into relationship: "You never take anything seriously - dumped"

I've requested "No duckface pics" in my profile - seriously, just no. What are they thinking? Stuff of nightmares.

Been on a date - (yeah only one - I'm probably not taking this seriously enough) - wasn't great. Seemed good on "paper" but just made me think I much prefer meeting people in real life.
      Okay. Couple of groaner puns in this post. Has QC hacked your account?!

Comment

Sorry things didn't work out, Chaz.
        I hope 2019 is your year, buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          Okay. Couple of groaner puns in this post. Has QC hacked your account?!
          My girlfriend just dumped me for being immature.
          She said "We're finished. Period".

Hee hee hee "period!"

Comment

My wife left me. Said something about me not paying her enough attention. I don't really recall - I wasn't really listening.

Comment

Reminds me of my favorite joke;

My wife said she was leaving me because of my obsession with the band The Monkees

I thought she was joking, but then I saw her face...

Comment

My wife left me. Said something about me not paying her enough attention. I don't really recall - I wasn't really listening.
                Told you before, you really have #joinedtheelite now.

Comment

Couples will no longer have to allocate blame or mutually agree to end their marriages

Legislation is to be put forward to introduce No-Fault divorces to the UK. It will mean that couples will no longer need to allocate blame for the break down of the marriage or mutually consent which should remove the need for courtroom proceedings or divorces to take years to complete in many cases.

Comment

Asked out a woman at the dry cleaners. Normally wouldn't have, but she had this mesmerising hypnotic angelic voice, totally at odds with where she worked, so when I collected my jacket decided I had to try. Got the jacket, said: "A bit of an odd question, but would you like to go for coffee sometime?" Turns out she's seeing someone, but seemed very, very flattered.

Unfortunately now, as per the rules, I need to find a new dry cleaner. Luckily this jacket only needs a dryclean about once a year, so plenty of time to find a new one.

I also decided to ask a woman out by letter. I was visiting the supermarket and repeatedly kept buying cheese from the woman at the fresh food counter so as to make idle chit chat (I ended up with two month's bloody supply of cheddar because of this). Noted her name badge, so thought to myself rather than die from cheese overdose, I'd just write a polite letter, by hand, asking if she wanted to go for coffee. Put my Whatsapp number at the bottom, never heard back.

Which is fair enough. But now, as per the rules, I can no longer visit that specific supermarket.

This is deeply troubling. If I don't get myself wifed - and soon - there will no longer be any public places I can visit. Except banks. I learned a lesson there - never ask out bank tellers.

I will definitely be trying this letter writing technique again though. It feels very... Victorian era. The wife of a friend said it was quite romantic.

Comment

eh...I feel like we have had a conversation on here before about asking women out who work behind counters and such...

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                        Asked out a woman at the dry cleaners. Normally wouldn't have, but she had this mesmerising hypnotic angelic voice, totally at odds with where she worked, so when I collected my jacket decided I had to try. Got the jacket, said: "A bit of an odd question, but would you like to go for coffee sometime?" Turns out she's seeing someone, but seemed very, very flattered.

Unfortunately now, as per the rules, I need to find a new dry cleaner. Luckily this jacket only needs a dryclean about once a year, so plenty of time to find a new one.

I also decided to ask a woman out by letter. I was visiting the supermarket and repeatedly kept buying cheese from the woman at the fresh food counter so as to make idle chit chat (I ended up with two month's bloody supply of cheddar because of this). Noted her name badge, so thought to myself rather than die from cheese overdose, I'd just write a polite letter, by hand, asking if she wanted to go for coffee. Put my Whatsapp number at the bottom, never heard back.

Which is fair enough. But now, as per the rules, I can no longer visit that specific supermarket.

This is deeply troubling. If I don't get myself wifed - and soon - there will no longer be any public places I can visit. Except banks. I learned a lesson there - never ask out bank tellers.

I will definitely be trying this letter writing technique again though. It feels very... Victorian era. The wife of a friend said it was quite romantic.
                        I can't wait until you ask out every woman on Earth and look for another planet

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          eh...I feel like we have had a conversation on here before about asking women out who work behind counters and such...
                          We all have.

Lets skip to the end of that conversation: Dont.

Comment

How ridiculous.

Comment

Solved it! Get a job behind the counter and then they'll ask you out! #crushingit #blessed

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                Solved it! Get a job behind the counter and then they'll ask you out! #crushingit #blessed
                                Yeah, but I don't think the idea is to have middle-aged men who game ask him out...

Comment

Working...
                                X