The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fastware View Post
    We've spoken about divorce this week, I'm tired of this **** and I'm keeping it amicable and agreeing to things in the hope that we can divorce without me being taken to the cleaners by a solicitor and she has no comebacks after divorce has been completed bar Child support.
    Just be careful because if she puts her reasons as a divorce down to infidelity she doesn't have to love it and then the arguments start and solicitors earn a packet

Luckily me and the ex just wanted split and she settled for a 5 figure sum and put the divorce as living apart for two years (just hit two years) and with that no one could contest it

It's a little different in Scotland because to et what I got you would have to live apart for 5 years

Just don't let Her go the adultery route pal, you know you haven't but money only lasts so long when you constantly fight

One solicitor told me that he had a couple just fight all the time over money Until there was no money left to fight over

Comment

It's weird how money can become a key focus in divorce. Weird how something that sprang beautifully into life as the gentle and pure murmurings of the heart can, over time, degenerate into cold, calculating greed, even hatred.

Thankfully, when I divorced there was no talk of money, or blame, no regrets, certainly no hatred. We both realised our paths had split and, rather than attempting to force the other to change, or attempt a compromise that would see neither content, we both agreed it was time to part ways peacefully and as friends.

Comment

You know technically you can't legally marry a tree right?

Comment

Originally posted by Fastware View Post
          We've been married for 7 years and she's not British, She's from Hong Kong so not so different background. Today's major blow-up this afternoon was one of the kids got an infection and the first thing she did was to ask what I did when I took them to the park yesterday that got them exposed to some dirty things. It basically escalated from there and I got a whole load of abuse and contradictory statements on how she always checks the kids and I don't so that's why one is ill because I didn't check last night. She also wanted to have an emergency appointment at the doctors or go to A&E which is completely unnecessary and were told as much when we got an appointment for tomorrow morning.

She also brought up the money issue how I don't earn enough, never buy her nice things and our house looks bad ect. She knows she should also look for work but just makes excuses and has only had three jobs since we've been married and all of them ended after a month because "One of the managers is an asshole". What pisses me off is that she babysits for her friends when they go to work (for no money I might add) because she gets free lifts into town from them.

We've spoken about divorce this week, I'm tired of this **** and I'm keeping it amicable and agreeing to things in the hope that we can divorce without me being taken to the cleaners by a solicitor and she has no comebacks after divorce has been completed bar Child support.
          Jesus 3 months work in 7 years that's appalling. This isn't the good time 80's, both people need to work nowadays to make ends meat. If she wants nice things, go and f"""ing earn it.

Who's to say she's been faithful? Being at home all the time with nothing to do while your always stuck at work? Her trying to catch you out constantly could be just a diversionary tactic to keep you unsettled.

I'm not trying to stir **** up obviously, but I've seen all this before with friends and luckily haven't repeted their mistakes. I think you seriously need to start recording this stuff she's doing in case she try's to take you to the cleaners.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Jesus 3 months work in 7 years that's appalling. This isn't the good time 80's, both people need to work nowadays to make ends meat. If she wants nice things, go and f"""ing earn it.
            I would disagree unless both earn over ?20,000

No point in working if its either just covering child costs or even less

Stay at home parents can add that to CV's so employers can see no gaps and its accepted

That being said her moaning about the amount you bring in is a cheek

Charlie the ex and I were going to split until her pals kept on talking and relishing her pension was terrible and she wanted a slice of mine, videogames paid for it though
            Last edited by buster_broon; 23-08-2013, 17:42.

Comment

Good job you had an extensive collection.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                You know technically you can't legally marry a tree right?
                Screw the legality of it; in my mind I'm married to all the oak, maple, birch, pine, ash, sycamore and willows of this world. I've had sex with a few of 'em too. And not only in my mind.

Comment

Wuut.

Comment

You, know, f*cking trees. Get with the program, damnit. It's the new in thing and what all the cool cats are doing. And we all wanna be cool, don't we? Find yourself a knotty hole, put ya winkle in, and feel the connection. Or you can wank off while sat in shrubbery. It's the shnizzle, man, whatever that means. I don't really know what shnizzle means (I just wanted to sound cool) so I'll say it's super instead. And tally ho and ****. But, yeah, sex with fellow humans is out, I'm tellin' ya. It's It's all about the greenery now.

I think this might be my best post ever.
                    Last edited by Charlie; 23-08-2013, 20:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                      You, know, f*cking trees. Get with the program, damnit. It's the new in thing and what all the cool cats are doing. And we all wanna be cool, don't we? Find yourself a knotty hole, put ya winkle in, and feel the connection. Or you can wank off while sat in shrubbery. It's the shnizzle, man, whatever that means. I don't really know what shnizzle means (I just wanted to sound cool) so I'll say it's super instead. And tally ho and ****. But, yeah, sex with fellow humans is out, I'm tellin' ya. It's It's all about the greenery now.

I think this might be my best post ever.
                      Yup great post, it's treemendous,

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                        Just be careful because if she puts her reasons as a divorce down to infidelity she doesn't have to love it and then the arguments start and solicitors earn a packet

Luckily me and the ex just wanted split and she settled for a 5 figure sum and put the divorce as living apart for two years (just hit two years) and with that no one could contest it

It's a little different in Scotland because to et what I got you would have to live apart for 5 years

Just don't let Her go the adultery route pal, you know you haven't but money only lasts so long when you constantly fight

One solicitor told me that he had a couple just fight all the time over money Until there was no money left to fight over
                        Surely the infidelity deference is "prove it then"? We're innocent until proven guilty after all. I don't think she's cheating although I do at least suspect her of talking with another man. Not that I'm particularly bothered about it enough to start getting paranoid and look for evidence, and become like my wife. She a **** shag and we've not slept together for a couple of years anyway, I'd say good luck to him!

No new craziness to report today although she is asking for a car indirectly. Again.

Comment

No new craziness to report today although she is asking for a car indirectly. Again.
                          Ouch. Cars are quite expensive, how is she going to pay for that without a job?

Comment

She wouldn't even be able to afford the petrol ffs!

Comment

read last few pages fastware of this crazy behaviour your missus is doing to make your life a living hell..

id only ever say leave in the worst case scenario but this is worse than a partner cheating, she is just making your life hell 'every single day'

do what you can to keep full cusody of the child but deffo get planning a exit plan mate because she sounds like she is the type of crazy to chop off your manhood in your sleep to 'ensure you cant cheat'

Good luck mate, I feel for ya..

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                                Ouch. Cars are quite expensive, how is she going to pay for that without a job?
                                "If I get a car then I'll be able to get a job"

Comment

Working...
                                X