All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GluedOnBeard View Post
    Since moving to the US I have used eBay a fair bit and you now have the option of sending your item to the international shipping center and then eBay then sorts of the international fulfillment themselves which makes your product available for quite a few different eBay sites, does the UK one not have this?
    The problem with is that international buyers have to pay the import duty/tax up front before shipping (which many are loathe to pay, including myself), AND then they still get hammered for it when the item arrives! The company responsible for passing on the collecting duty isn't doing its job! There are tales here from folks who've been stung like that. So I've actively avoided any seller who uses this program on eBay, and I know a few US sellers who've abandoned it for the same reason as it was costing them sales.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      The problem with is that international buyers have to pay the import duty/tax up front before shipping (which many are loathe to pay, including myself), AND then they still get hammered for it when the item arrives! The company responsible for passing on the collecting duty isn't doing its job! There are tales here from folks who've been stung like that. So I've actively avoided any seller who uses this program on eBay, and I know a few US sellers who've abandoned it for the same reason as it was costing them sales.
      This.

If an item is being sold with that silly program then I'm out.

Comment

Paypal question:

I've sold an item here on the forum but typed my email address wrong. How can the buyer and I go about rectifying this so I get the money?

Cheers.

Comment

Oh ive done that loads of times, as long as the email you gave isn't one that is registered to a paypal account it should just fail and send a message to the person sending the funds.

Comment

Lovely. Thanks.

The address doesn't exist so fingers crossed.

Comment

Hey guys,

Would anyone know why I suddenly can't use my bank account to pay for stuff on Ebay??

It's all there linked & primary account on my Paypal profile but when I try to buy something on Ebay it automatically selects my C/C & then doesn't give me the option to change it.

My account isn't due to expire anytime soon & there's definitely enough money in there.

Can't seem to find any option on Ebay to switch it back to using my Account.

It was fine yesterday morning when I paid for some auctions but not since last night when I went to buy something else

Driving me insane.

Neil

Comment

Mine did this a few times mate. When they realised I wasn't going to link another card and they were losing sales they soon started allowing my bank account again.

Comment

Thanks Colin
                  Hopefully will rectify itself soon, want to order my brothers B-Day pressies & really don't want to hit the C/C again if I can avoid it.

Neil

Comment

Only choice for now might be to just remove the credit card and it should allow payments from your account.

Comment

I noticed a few days ago that my Paypal payments for eBay wins were defaulting to my credit card instead of my bank account, but as I usually pay for them with my CC, then I didn't mind the swap. I'll have to check out what's listed as choices the next time I win something...
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        I noticed a few days ago that my Paypal payments for eBay wins were defaulting to my credit card instead of my bank account, but as I usually pay for them with my CC, then I didn't mind the swap. I'll have to check out what's listed as choices the next time I win something...
                        That's the thing I want to bid on some stuff but don't want to win it if I can only pay on the CC I've rinsed it enough lately & could really do with laying off it & don't want more transactions on it to cock up anything with Paypal.

I tried getting onto live chat with Ebay yesterday but the wait time was ridiculous & couldn't get through.

Might try again later.

The really bad thing is I can't check if anythings changed unless I almost go through a BIN purchase.

Neil

Comment

Hi guys,

I think someone I bought off of, has multiple accounts shill bidding on his auctions as there seems to be a pattern. Have any of you had any experience with this?
                          Last edited by fuelify; 16-07-2014, 22:37.

Comment

I usually dont buy my shells from ebay (they are free at the seaside) ;-)

I assume you mean shill bidding

Whether selling your old games console, wedding dress or sofa, you can do it easily on eBay. Follow these simple steps to create your listing today!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                              I usually dont buy my shells from ebay (they are free at the seaside) ;-)

I assume you mean shill bidding

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/How-To-Ide...4987485/g.html
                              Lol...yes indeed....thanks

Comment

Third time in a year I've just had a phishing e-mail supposedly from Paypal asking me to update my credit card details using the 'helpfully' provided link. I go to My Account direct just to check and no such request/necessity indicated.

What bothers me is that these emails, by all normal criteria, look genuine and that when with the first two when I contacted Paypal asking whether it was from them they wouldn't or couldn't give me a straight answer. They just sent me an email link for reporting phishing and that was the last I heard about it.

Either the email was from them or is was phishing. If it wasn't genuine why not simply confirm that? That way you know for sure to be very wary of any such future requests. By not saying that the request to update account details did not come from them they've created unneccesary uncertainty which must increase the risk that a Paypal account and associated banking details being compromised.

Comment

Working...
                                X