No announcement yet.

All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risk of buying second hand. Buyer's bad luck.

Comment

Isn't that console exclusive to Game? If you use a reward card they can pull up your receipt. Also they have the serial number etc. so he should be okay to take it back into the store.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
        Isn't that console exclusive to Game? If you use a reward card they can pull up your receipt. Also they have the serial number etc. so he should be okay to take it back into the store.
        Yeah I said to them that it was exclusive to Game and suggested they try taking it in but didn't seem to want to try this. Oddly enough i have not heard anything from them in the past few days. I am pretty sure there is no come back on me, its been nearly two months since the sale, its just unfortunate from there point of view.

Comment

Guy buys a dreamcast from me. Its being sold as faulty. The word faulty is in the heading, it is listed for parts or not working, it is described as intermittingly not loading games, music cutting out and randomly reseting, it is stated no returns are accepted, a further disclaimer is put in the description - that it is 'being sold as faulty, please do not buy the item unless you agree to no returns'

Guess what a pending dispute is now open, (3.5 weeks after purchase, with him wanting to return it! For being more faulty than i described. It sometimes loaded discs when it was sent, but he says it doesnt work at all and wants a refund! Where do you think i stand i ebays eyes, as the dispute looms in a few days....
          Last edited by dvdx2; 12-01-2015, 20:54.

Comment

Anyone have any thoughts?

Comment

You have his address. Start a Bordersdown topic asking for volunteers, all of you put on some balaclavas, buy some baseball bats, oil each others' naked bodies up, and then a pack of 20 of you stand outside his house stark naked (apart from the balaclavas) and ring the doorbell. When he answers, tell him you're there to fix his Dreamcast.

Serious answer:
              Phone him. I've sorted several eBay problems with a phone call. When you can hear another person's voice, rather than the silent anonymity of email text, it calms both parties. See if you can reason with him, explain the situation, and ask why he's doing what he is doing.

Record the conversation.

In the end, if he still refuses to yield, return to option one.

Comment

Hes was obviously hoping for an easy fix and threw the head up when unable too. Hope the word 'faulty' 4 times in the auction will sway it in my favour. A total farce if they dont and they can kiss my business goodbye, (ive been selling since 2004 with over 2000/100% feedback). Its certainly an interesting one.

Comment

How much did it cost with shipping? Also, what extras did it come with, if any? Just for context. I'm not implying that its cost justifies his going mental about it being faulty.

Comment

I think this is the last time I'm going to use ebay. It's just not worth the aggro.
                    I have a spare plasma TV stand that isn't easy to get hold of.
                    I was going to stick it in the bin, but thought it's wrong when someone might really want it.
                    Checked ebay completed listings and there were quite a few, all sold with BIN for ?69+deliv.
                    So I bunged it on for ?50 and ?8 delivery.
                    It sold in 2 hours.
                    Happy that someone was going to get use from it.

2 days later I get a request for an invoice.
                    What the....
                    So I sent an invoice for ?58 using the ebay system.

2 days later I get a message saying "Did you get my enquiry re total cost inc postage: Least you would take for the Panasonic TV stand?"

Well, no, I got a request for an invoice which I replied to 2 days ago and it was a BIN now, with no option for best offer, so just bloody pay up fool - time spent messing about answering your stupid questions is time I could spend messing about on Bordersdown instead. It's ?20 less than all the others listed. Do you want me to include my spleen as well? And gift wrap it?

Must remain calm.

Comment

This is a C&P from a post i made on Retrollect.

Unfortunately I'm starting the new year with a bit of an eBay rant at their non existent customer services and the scumbags that have made eBay a cesspit of crooks.

I bought a load of games off eBay, I'd emailed the seller prior to bidding and he confirmed he'd send all items I'd win with combined postage at actual postage cost. The non combined cost was ?35, he then billed ?30 and said he'd refund the difference once posted.

The games turned up poorly packaged but undamaged, I understand there can be additional costs associated with posting an item but the games were stuffed into an old 'Persil washing tablets' box with a dirty rolled up newspaper dated July 2003 as protection... The actual postage cost was ?15.

I emailed the seller once the games had arrived and he bluntly responded that he'd already given me a ?5 discount from the original postage cost and that would be it. I was shocked and outraged at such a con and that I'd fallen for it.

I immediately tried to contact eBay about this but to my horror their entire customer services has de-evolved into a very long FAQ page with no contact information what so ever, their live chat, email and call back service have vanished and there's now only a 0844 number that connects you to a useless moron in India that can barely use a keyboard let alone is versed in eBay policy, I've called the number a few times and there's a long estimated queue every time. Due to past experiences I've discovered that actually speaking to eBay is a complete waste of time as the questions and problems I've had are not on the Q&A paper the person has in front of them and you usually end up on an infinite loop of being passed around a call centre on hold. The only cases you can raise on eBay relate to item condition and non delivery so I can't use their automated resolution tool either.

So there you have it, due to eBay's complete lack of customer service a new scam has emerged involving combined postage and the seller saying they'll refund the difference. ?15 isn't the end of the world but it's annoyed me a bit, anyway... take care on eBay in 2015 as there's more scumbags now than ever before and they know the system inside and out.

Result: I managed to get through to their customer services in India who despite reviewing the messages sent between myself and the seller have said that nothing can be done. The email I received as follow up was:

"Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the information. I have reported this to our trust and safety team who will investigate the seller and take the appropriate action.
                      Unfortunately we can't force the seller to refund you the postage back but we can take action for excessive postage charges.
                      A lot of the time this prompts sellers to contact buyers to organise refunds.

Thanks,
                      Brian"

I never got the money back, and why eBay feel it necessarily to rename their staff with Anglicised names is also a bit of an irk.
                      Last edited by The Moleman; 08-02-2015, 14:06.

Comment

I've recently bought a Nexus 6, so had a iPhone 5S to sell. Didn't think twice about it; sold straight to Envirofone. I've probably lost somewhere in the region of ?20-60 after fees but it was fast, hassle free and I don't endure the issues that come with eBay, particularly with items like phones.

I've got a number of Videogames items that I want to sell this year so might use a mixture of forums and eBay. For cheap items like games (say ?5-10) I am happy to take the risk on eBay.

Comment

I bought something on Saturday, and the seller contacted me this morning to say he's awaiting payment, even though I've already paid.

Forwarded him the Paypal transaction ID, but we'll see what happens. Hopefully he's just made a mistake.

Comment

So I've been messed around by a seller who was advertising goods they didn't have in stock and then instantly marking something as dispatched as soon as it's paid for... It deserved a neg feedback as it completely wasted my time... I go to leave the appropriate feedback and I'm met with the following message:

"Sorry, you can't leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller until 7 days after purchase. In the mean time, please contact the seller to try to work things out."

What are eBay playing at? Why do they favour power sellers? oh yeah... cash money...

Comment

Originally posted by The Moleman View Post
                              "Sorry, you can't leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller until 7 days after purchase. In the mean time, please contact the seller to try to work things out."

What are eBay playing at? Why do they favour power sellers? oh yeah... cash money...
                              To be fair, eBay probably need to do that given the number of people who want to complain about auctions after less than 48hrs of no contact.

Comment

In 10 years buying and selling, i have had my first non payer buyer. He even messaged after the invoices to say he would pay that evening. Still waiting for over a week now. Reported to the bay. I assume i cant leave neg feedback?

Comment

Working...
                                X