No announcement yet.

All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had two different sellers each having not sent the items concerned within the stated dispatch period claim 1). I've been in hospital for the last week 2). I had a motor cycle accident at the weekend which crushed my arm and hand.

Both say the items have now been sent but unless it was just flukey coincidence I suspect one or both were telling porkies about the reason for the delay. Difficult to know what to put in the feedback in these sorts of cases.

The last eBay seller who's late dispatch excuse was "being on my hols' " I proved was a blatant liar simply from the dates on the feedback he'd left for other disgruntled buyers which showed that his account was actively being used at the same time he was supposedly away. The items never arrived, it took weeks to get my money back and as a parting shot the day before the dispute period was due to end he sneaked in some negative feedback about me it took some time to get eBay to remove.

Fingers crossed these current ones aren't going down the same road.

Comment

I've decided EBay just isn't for me.

I see two statues I want for sale, from the same seller with no bids,and in my local area. They're up for auction with a few days to go. I message the seller to ask if I can come buy them and collect them. Didn't really think he'd refuse, you'd not be losing the 15% in fees, even if he knocked ?5-10 off the price I thought.

He's messaged me back saying no. Fair enough I thought, they are yours to do as he pleases- but personally, if I had someone telling me I'd come and collect them, I wouldn't have to pay postage, wouldn't have to pay fees, and wouldn't have any hassle from EBay claims etc- then I would be well happy.

To each their own I guess.

Comment

I agreed to that once only to have they guy try haggle on my doorstep then refuse to pay. So I wouldn't ever do it again.

Comment

Well I'm not fussed, they're only about ?10-15 cheaper than I could get them new anyway, just think it's not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
            Just had two different sellers each having not sent the items concerned within the stated dispatch period claim 1). I've been in hospital for the last week 2). I had a motor cycle accident at the weekend which crushed my arm and hand.
            The amount of sellers who say they've been in hospital in order to mask their poor service is a disgrace... I bought an original Xbox last year and it took a month to arrive, the guy's excuse was that he'd had an operation and was in hospital recovering. Just who exactly lists items on an active high feedback eBay account then has an operation? No one.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
              He's messaged me back saying no. Fair enough I thought, they are yours to do as he pleases- but personally, if I had someone telling me I'd come and collect them, I wouldn't have to pay postage, wouldn't have to pay fees, and wouldn't have any hassle from EBay claims etc- then I would be well happy.
              There is a logical reason for this btw, especially if you would be paying via Paypal etc, and not cash in hand. Collecting in person does not count as "delivered" to prove a buyer received the items. So if you pay via Paypal, collect in person, you can chargeback and get your money refunded because the seller can't prove they were "sent" due to no proof of online tracking.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'd have just paid by cash outside of EBay tbh, he can just cancel the auction as theirs no bids - that was what I'd thought anyway. Also one of the items had damage so thought it would be helpful to look in person too so there was no comeback on him. Never mind!

Comment

buyer wants a refund for buying Destiny on the ps4 from me, because i didnt state that its online on and he cant play it .

thoughts?

Comment

Surely that isn't your responsibility to describe the content? You merely describe the physical product you are selling.

Comment

What Martin said

Comment

thanks guys - part of me just wants to refund to avoid the ball ache, but i get the feeling hes jerking the chain as he has a few negs for silly behaviour

the ebay guarantee states that they promise to ensure you get what you buy, and in this case the seller has - so any possible comeback from that?

Comment

Can someone advise me what the possible outcome of an eBay dispute would be, please.
                          I have sold someone (with zero feedback) a pair of trainers, brand new in box. They have been in receipt of said item for approx 3 days, and have now informed me they were not the colour they were expecting, and want a refund. If they have worn them, and decided that they are not to their taste, where do I stand? Will I have to refund them, and in return, have a pair of trainers that I cannot relist as brand new, never worn? Surely if the person decides to wear them they cannot then say sorry, these aren't the colour I was expecting?!?
                          Any advice/insight appreciated.

Comment

Sold item, guy clearly has buyers remorse making up all sorts of bull****, ebay have given him a refund, put the amount on my account (like overdraft) and I'VE NOT RECEIVED THE ITEM ****ING BACK.

WTF HAPPENED EBAY!?

This is like ?80!?

How in the **** is this even remotely fair or legal?

Comment

Kicking off on the phone seems to have helped.

Comment

Has anyone else got that email from paypal about how they are splitting again from ebay? Tried reading through but i can't spot the new ways to shaft the users but i'm convinced it's in there.

Curious why they are now wanting to separate them considering having them linked allowed them to have a total monopoly over how auctions are paid for.

Comment

Working...
                                X