No announcement yet.

Trainers and stories involving trainers - remember to do pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I was planning to buy trainers this month. Might look into those Nike J0e mentioned are like Converse, or might go opposite of the spectrum and get another pair of comfy Nike/Adidas skate shoes.

Comment

Nike Blazer are hard wearing, or a Bruin if you can find them. They're what Marty McFly wears before he gets the MAG.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I wear Cryuff's at the moment. Obsessed with them, they are very much marmite trainers.

The mixed reactions they get are very enjoyable.

Comment

I've a little story about trainers.

I had a natty pair of la gear that I thought were the dogs. One day at work in a very warm office I detected a distinctly unpleasant smell coming from my shoe area. Not faeces or cheesy feet.. Something more... Sinister. I was very busy so couldn't take the time to see (plus it was embarrassing and I was trying to blame it on someone else).

So lunchtime roles around and after sweating away in this office I decided to go and have a look what I'd stepped in. Nothing. So I have a look inside and find a completely flat mouse in my shoe. Dead of course and smelling putrid.

imagine my surprise!

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            I'm frightend to wear OG models now. I've got Air Flow and Air Current from 1988 amongst others, which look like I bought them yesterday, but I'm scared to go out in them incase someone steps on them or some other incredibly freakish incident destroys them. I do wear 1987 AM's on a regular basis though I suppose, but they're quite hardy anyway.
            Yeah, old skool nike runners are normally pretty good. Old skool BBall shoes are a big no no though, the foam turns to absolute dust eventually. Guess they didnt think people would still want them 20 years later lol. Mine are strictly boxed and make appearances for fans only!

I badly want a pair of loopwheeler vortex, most new skool stuff is boring these days. Too many lunar hybrids FFS

Comment

I still have these which are 5 years old:-

I would not get a pair of Y3's again though, I could not justify the price with kiddies now.

Comment

Build quality on Y3s is immense though

Comment

Loopwheeler Vortex are just Air Epic OG! LOL You're a sneaker freak bash! Lunar sole unit is awesome, but I can't be going there. You can't redesign Mariah PR. It's a no-no.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Adidas is where it's at. Also, low tops or nothing.

Now that's class. Simple and elegant.

Comment

They look like old lady's medical slippers.

Comment

You have no fashion sense.

Comment

What are they? Campus? LOL
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Stan Smith 2.

Comment

Guts, they're too boring. Theres a strong rumour that these were the shoes Harrison Ford wore in Blade Runner which kept them in amongst sneaker hedz book of lore

Myself, I prefer the Alien Stompers that Sigourney Weaver wore in Aliens. That bitch, Whoopie Goldberg bought all of them and all we get is ****ty remakes!!!

Hi tops FTW!

Comment

My first pair of Nike was a Nike Air 180 in 1991
                                Specifically this one: http://www.arkamix.com/vintage-nike/...-original-1991
                                I still have the box which I use to keep a load of my old retro lego in. Shoes are long thrown away.

These shoes officially made me the fastest person in school. Daftly expensive if I remember rightly, but I won a lot of races in them, and set a sub 5min mile time.
                                Last edited by charlesr; 28-09-2013, 16:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X