No announcement yet.

Trainers and stories involving trainers - remember to do pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Jordan VII "Bordeaux" they are. I've never been a fan of them personally. I only do Air Jordan I, III, IV, V, VI and VIII. All of the others are too far out for my tastes.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It was the early 90s everything was a bit far out looking I'm just glad I stayed away from the sweater shop

Just been looking through the air jorden trainers on the net trying to find the ones above I can't believe there still making them that guy retired did someone forget to tell nike, there are still some cool styles coming out though new retro ftw
      Last edited by Lebowski; 28-09-2013, 22:26.

Comment

Well there's lebrons and Kobe's but they sick in comparison. Never been a massive Jordan fan though. Air Max and pumps ruled my primary school back in 90-92

Comment

I went past the Michael Jordan steakhouse today. The irony is you probably wouldn't be allowed in wearing trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Way way back before half of you were born, I had these awesome Lakers Converse - http://www.sneakernoize.com/2011/12/...rse-la-lakers/

They got wrecked after a while and my mum insisted on plastering this white shoe paint stuff all over them. It was like they were covered in Tippex and they were never the same.

Edit: about a year ago I bought these to go with a tracksuit for a thing and they reminded me a touch of my old Converse. Just a touch. There is a right one to go with it. Somewhere...

Those a pretty nice. White sponge-on-paint was prolific in the 80s.

After my dad* failed to get me any Hi-Tec tecs he came up trups with these beauties:

Olympic Hi

I was the only kid to have them. Never saw another pair anywhere. A kid at school gave me a fiver (in 1985) for the bag that they came in (a kind of flimsy cloth PE bag).

*Any branded clothes I had came off the back of a lorry basically.

Comment

Early start FSW?
              I'm off to Legoland. Quite excited.

er topic: I will wear some trainers.

Comment

Enjoy! I want to go to Legoland some day. Let us know how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Early start FSW?
                  I'm off to Legoland. Quite excited.

er topic: I will wear some trainers.
                  Woke at stupid o'clock. Played some persona. Enjoy legoland. It's ace!

Comment

I've got Air Mowabb 1 on today. I got mobbed by a bunch of hipsters in Liverpool Street asking where I got them from. I always say "You can't buy these Nikes" whenever anybody asks me that question.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Never understood the Mowabb fascination myself, its half way to being a decent looking shoe, I think the cw helps it a lot but not a classic for me. I think its a lot of rose tinted glasses hype myself.

You cant buy these Nikes, haha. I just say I got them from Indonisia. Or some place exotic.

Reminds me of that Noel Gallagher interview:
                      "I remember going to Argentina and getting a pair of adidas Marathon in navy blue with white stripes, this is years ago, and it was literally the minute I walked out of the airport somebody pulled up in a car- "Where did you get those from?" and I said "Argentina" and they go "where's that?" cos they thought it was a shop! I said, "its in South America isn't it"

Comment

I don't even really like Air Mowabb. Air Escape in the OG grey is a much superior shoe, but is little known to the masses. I don't go in for Air Huarache's outside of the Air Tech, International or Light shoes. The Air Mowabb is heavily based on the original Huarache running shoe IMO. Its got the same rear support after all. It's not a Hatfield design as far as I know.

*edit* It is a Hatfield design according to my reference books. Not one of his better ones IMO, though it is an extremely popular shoe amongst sneaker freaks.
                        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 29-09-2013, 16:34.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

bash, maybe you can help me out here. There is a running shoe circa 2002 that I've always liked, but I cannot remember the name of for the life of me. It was a Tech / Cement Grey upper running shoe where the sole unit was entirely yellow or blue. I think it was part of the Bowerman range. I owned the blue version, but it is a mystery to me what it was actually called. It's not been retro'd either.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Did it have any particular air unit, or just normal foam tech? If it was bowerman related then I'm thinking pegasus'ish. Have you not got any pics?

Comment

That's the thing. I've been googling for years trying to find them by chance, with zero results. They had no visible air unit. It was like a slim version of an Air Total Max ('95). Very futuristic compared to a usual performance Bowerman shoe. Full EVA one-piece sole unit IIRC. The upper was the same grey on both models. It was a unisex as Nike were big into that at the time. The choice was only blue or yellow soles, whether you had GS or MS. They had girl's sizes up to a US 14.5, which would equate to a UK 12. I got mine from the original running department in Niketown. I can't really remember the year, but the next pair I bought were AM LTD when they were fresh, so that's why I'm putting them at circa 2001. It was shortly after the huge Air Presto launch. From memory more girls were wearing them than men. It's really bugging me that I can't find them. There's no reference to them on google, any of the top forums or any of my reference books.
                              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 29-09-2013, 17:33.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Reminds me of my old Aqua sock IV searches, bought the grey/red pair and havent seen them since. Still got em but wouldnt wear them now, They were overblown plimsoles really,

I remember Prestos getting blown up, I preferred the Chanjos plus's myself. I used to work in Footlocker round that time and HATED the AM LTD's, mainly because I thought they looked too fat but also because FL didnt stock them and every fricking body who came in would ask for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X