No announcement yet.

New York - advice and opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like Thai food, I would recommend the Regional Thai Taste near 23rd St. A series of restaurants in the US and UK were founded by siblings, and one is right near where I live. One of the US equivalents is completely different decor wise, but the food is still bloody excellent. The guy who served me felt a bit under pressure when I mentioned that I was visiting his place because of the excellence of the place near me, and was relieved when I told him the food lived up to expectations
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

We had 5 days in sept, lovely place!

food: Nobu was nice, it's a chain but good quality Japanese food. Il buco for Italian, super flavored, and La Fayette for modern French cuisine.

attractions: don't forget the main library, free entrance and the reading room is wonderful. We also liked the free Staton Island ferry for a free trip and look at NYC from the sea. I found ground zero very moving and was glad to visit. Find the chess centre in Central Park, very peaceful and cool to watch all the characters meet and play chess.

The grey line is noted as the best bus tour company, I really enjoyed listening to the history of the city and the announcer had a fantastic sense of humor. Book everything online and in advance to save money and time.

Have a great trip!

Comment

Thanks so far guys and keep em coming

Received the New York pass through the post yesterday and NBC is free with it with loads of other stuff and might even do the helicopter tour since I save 20%

2 New York passes with 4 bus tours cost ?248 inc shipping so I reckon I can get my money's worth especially since a lot of the stuff I want to see is also on the fast track list

Intrepid sea air and space museum is top of my list

The bookings for the crown (statue of liberty) are only upto January at the moment so will book that the same day as the 9/11 memorial

On the last day seriously considering heading off to Coney Island for the day

Comment

Next wee question

We are flying Into Newark and heading to midtown Manhattan - what should I be expecting to pay in taxi costs round trip

There is a company called go airlink NYC that are doing delivery from the airport to the hotel and back again (round trip) for $68

Virgin offered it for ?75 so it seems like a good deal - so is it?

Comment

Working...
          X