Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your Internet connection speed a.k.a. How big is my pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what's going on, but my speed has dropped by 1/4

Compare to 9th Feb:

Comment

New superhub from Virgin to replace the buggy one we were originally given has been working much better (hopefully I'm not jinxing it). Only one short period of the internet being down in the past few months, much better than the weekly outages we were having before!

4G (from Three) on the mobile is pretty tasty too:

Amazing that not too long ago we were getting far less than those speeds on our home broadband connections.

Comment

Nice speeds there guys.

Comment

Is it safe to use my unsecured work wi fi?

I logged in to Facebook and it said it was a login from Romania.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            Is it safe to use my unsecured work wi fi?
            If you are OK that someone might be sniffing your unecrypted traffic then what's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
              If you are OK that someone might be sniffing your unecrypted traffic then what's the problem?
              I don't know what that means. are passwords etc at risk?

Comment

since moving to BT from Talktalk I've had a rock solid 6.5-7Mb/s. It's been a revelation.. TalkTalk really were abysmal.

Can't wait until fibre turns up though, uploading stuff still sucks.

Comment

Finally getting decent broadband speeds in my house, went from 9Mbps yesterday at a push, to just over 37Mbps today.

Comment

That's about bang on what I get Colin. Does the job!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                      I don't know what that means. are passwords etc at risk?
                      Don't do anything that you don't want to risk. Don't touch banking, etc. is generally my rule when using unsecured wifi at school or work.

Comment

ooo.. Noticed that we have new BT cabinets appearing around the village. I believe a good sign is when they drop in a vented cab next to one of the older models. Lots of Open reach vans knocking around as well, although none of the guys working will comment on what they are doing.

Comment

What does the 'ping' mean by the way?

Comment

I just looked this up because I wasn't 100% myself.

Ping is a computer network administration software utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for messages sent from the originating host to a destination computer and back.
                            Ping is only especially important when gaming online. Around 30 ping is pretty nice, once you're around 100 ms is when things start to get rocky.

Comment

Gaming online? You know me better than that Speedy......

Comment

Was just using it as an example!

Comment

Working...
                                X