• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lego dimensions purchase today, with a few of the packs
    back to the future and the Simpsons level packs

so starts the obsession with getting everything
    well it's the the kids chrimbo

Comment

I fear Lego Dimensions. I run past it when I see it in a shop.

Comment

Been a bit of building work going on round our house this week ...

Damn you toythatkills ... and bless you too Most fun I've had in ages. So much fun to build.

Comment

Anyone got a link to making a Lego Optimus Prime. Loads of people have done it but I can't find any instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Damn you toythatkills ... and bless you too Most fun I've had in ages. So much fun to build.

It's okay, who needs money anyway!

Comment

Heads up.

Got this notification today. No idea what will be on, or even what time it starts, but potentially a bargain to be had?!

Comment

Sale is total crap. ?4 off a ?75 set, haha.

But the Gingerbread House is up early, so I bought the Winter Toy Shop I was going to get anyway and got the Gingerbread House free for the ?60 spend.

Comment

I agree. Went on the site early this morning to avoid missing out on anything, but I was distinctly unimpressed.

Money saved for next time, tho' I imagine that's not a word you use to often at the mo', ttk!!

Comment

I'm actually done for now! The toy shop/gingerbread house combo was the last thing I was after.

The modular bank will be mine some time next year, but other than that there's nothing else on the horizon I can see myself buying, so aside from stuff that gets a massive discount or something I'm up to date on Lego now! I can put my money towards other less important things like food and shelter instead.

Comment

Right now when you spend over ?75 on Lego in store at Toys R Us you get a ?20 Lego voucher to spend between Boxing Day and mid-Jan. Not a bad little bonus.

Comment

I know it's a bit naughty, but I got those KO Lego superhero minifigs and they're not too bad!
                        They're just as detailed as the proper ones but they worked out at about 66p each.
                        There's 24 of them, so my son can have one each day of advent.
                        There's a couple of duplicates in comic/movie form, so I may swap them for some official figs.

I had to laugh at some of the random accessories though. Here's Spider-Man with his... sniper rifle?! Oh and there's Thor with his Mjolnir hammer and some... handcuffs?!

Comment

Not convinced that it's the best representation they could have done, but I don't think there are any Cathederal sets out to buy.

Comment

Lego doesn't do religious iconography, so you will never see an official one.

On that note, I'm kind of annoyed by the hypocrisy of the Lego group concerning their religion/violence/sex policies. One of their biggest franchises is Star Wars, and come on... the clue is in the title. They justify that by saying no real world weaponry or something, but they did Indiana Jones sets full of machine guns and Nazis. No horror or grotesque subjects, but then there are zombie mini figs out the wazoo and necromancers, wraiths and ghouls from Lord of the Rings.

Rumours are that the A-Team are going to make an appearance in Dimensions next year; you don't get much more glorification of violence than from those guys.

It mostly irks me because I know 2000AD have been trying to get a collaboration going with Lego for years, and this would be a match made in heaven. Yet apparently Dredd, the subject of a kids comic, is too violent. Judge Death is too spooky. It's just not right.
                            Last edited by Darwock; 07-12-2015, 03:16.

Comment

It was my birthday yesterday and I got one of those big Slave-1s. Really looking forward to building it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                It was my birthday yesterday and I got one of those big Slave-1s. Really looking forward to building it.
                                Out of all the Lego I've ever built this has to be one of the most satisfying builds.

Comment

Working...
                                X