No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Also a little disappointed by the newer Force Awakens sets. They don't look great. I loved the movie so all I need is a nudge to buy sets but they feel a touch half-hearted (and overpriced along with that). The new resistance X-wing looks pretty great but it's obviously just a recolour and I feel there was a missed opportunity there. It comes with Poe and BB-8, to match the opening of the movie. But of course the previous X-wing, Poe's X-wing, also comes with Poe and BB-8. Whereas the previous Luke's X-wing also came with a different pilot and astromech droid so it didn't have to be Luke's. Given that the other pilots had quite a presence in the movie, I would have liked to see one in this set rather than having two Poe's X-wings.

Collectors will end up with rather a lot of BB-8s.

Comment

The Assault on Hoth set looks so disappointing, the name 'Assault on Hoth' would suggest at least an AT-AT or AT-ST. I was lucky to get an AT-AT at below RRP quite a while ago but for anyone wanting to recreate the battle of Hoth they're going to have to pay a scalper ?150+ for an AT-AT. 2016 doesn't look like a great year for Star Wars lego fans...

Comment

I'm surprised Lego retired the AT-AT long before the Hoth set came out. I dare say Lego would have sold considerably more of them (AT-AT's) once the Hoth set had been released. Perhaps they will be releasing a newer version later this year perhaps?

There is still the Miniseries 2 AT-AT's to buy, but are clearly not scaled to accompany the Hoth Set.

The Technic BWE which is being later this year looks like a monster kit and build. Definitely buying that, and perhaps the Porsche, once they show the colour scheme.

I've been mulling over buying the Ewok village. Not sure how long it's got before it retires, but I can't see it it ever getting remade (famous last words). I'm also waiting for Slave 1 to come back in stock. Every time I get some money to buy it, it's sold out.

Comment

I brick linked all the Ewoks a while back. I did want the village but it can't be bought in Japan. Now that I already have the Ewoks I can't justify the cost if it does ever appear here so I gave myself a shield.

As for Hoth, I really like the shield generator and ion cannon. And I would like a properly coloured Hoth Luke. But I already have a Snowspeeder, a Wampa cave, a snow trooper cannon, a rebel turret with fortifications and a radar dish launcher thingy (again with a little embankment). So more than 50% of it feels unnecessary. Better minifigs and I would have tipped over the edge easily.
          Last edited by Darwock; 14-02-2016, 21:21.

Comment

Lego Monument Valley!

Comment

That's nice.

Comment

Finally!

Comment

It's nice! You're going to love it.

Comment

Yesterday, my wife said those magical words to me: "Yeah go on, get the Ghostbusters HQ".

Comment

Hah! You had me at "Hello".

Finished Stark Tower with my son. I started off guiding quite a lot but by the end, he was doing it all himself, so I'm quite proud. He's 4 and the kit is 7+.

He still keeps swapping bits though. Wolverine has Storm's hair and so on, which mashes me up.

You lot might want to get the Nexo Knights comic. It's issue one and comes with a figure, which may be rare eventually.

Plus you might like mazes and colouring in!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Yesterday, my wife said those magical words to me: "Yeah go on, get the Ghostbusters HQ".
                        Ah, the green light

I have the Ghostbusters HQ unopened, ready for a rainy day (or three). Ghostbusters fan + the fact I love New York (and TriBeCa in particular) made it a no-brainier for me.

Comment

Assault on Hoth is up on the Lego website now, ?220!!!!

Had to have a double take at this, even for a Star Wars Lego set this is way over priced...

Comment

Before getting the go-ahead on the Ghostbusters HQ, I was lamenting the state of the Lego my girls have. I don't have space to keep sets so only ever have a few out, like Slave-1, the Falcon and my Monster Fighters stuff. The rest gets pulled apart and dumped into a big box for my girls to play with. They love it but because so much came from Indiana Jones sets and Star Wars sets, it is full of grey and brown, and often little tiny fiddly bits that are too specific to be of use most of the time.

So I ordered these for them. Two very normal sets and a huge box of bricks. Plenty of play here.

Comment

I've got one of those big boxes

They were ?30 at Tesco last year so I bought one since it worked out at 2ppp which seemed like a pretty good bargain to me. I've got a bunch of weird sets for parts that were really cheap, like Chima and Ninjago - the Friends stuff is especially good for that because they contain lots of pieces that you just don't see in regular sets.

Current love is Mixels though.

Comment

Oh, and I'll leave this picture here too as well:

Range from pretty good to reeeeally bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X