No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That has to be frustrating. Are they too pricey with shipping to order online?

My firehouse HQ arrived today. This thing is seriously huge. I wasn't quite prepared for how big and heavy this thing. WHERE WILL I PUT IT WHEN IT'S DONE?!

Comment

Lego Japan website has a restricted item selection. Lego US/UK don't ship to Japan. Lego US doesn't ship to forwarding companies. Any order I place gets cancelled outright. Amazon is iffy, but if I can find a seller who ships overseas, it usually works out slightly more than the yen RRP.

Comment

I'm sure I've offered before but if there's anything you want from the UK I'm happy to ship it to you. Though the way the pound is going at the moment I'd understand if you aren't wholly into that idea!

Double VIP has started, bought the Brick Bank and got the free chicken minifig

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
          I'm sure I've offered before but if there's anything you want from the UK I'm happy to ship it to you. Though the way the pound is going at the moment I'd understand if you aren't wholly into that idea!

Double VIP has started, bought the Brick Bank and got the free chicken minifig
          What TTK says. If you desperately want a set, I don't mind picking it up and sending it on.

TTK - thanks for the heads up on the VIP event. Just bought another UCS set . Must admit I'm a bit dissapointed with the chicken house. Why is it not made of bricks? Carboard? Really!?

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated - I wasn't trying to seek help with that, just venting some of the frustration. It's the hoops that have to be jumped through that bother me.

Comment

Completed bag 2 (well, bags 2) of the Ghostbusters HQ and barely scratching the surface here (https://instagram.com/p/BCqvfq0NLdq/). A lovely build so far but a tricky sticker placement that frustrated me when I realised I had it upside down. Seems to be a lot of stickers with this one when some should have been printed. Already getting a sense of the scale. It's a big one.

Comment

Half way through the Arocs now, bags-wise. This thing is a beast.

Part one was the cab and front axles and the "engine." Took about three hours.

Part two took maybe 90 minutes, was the gearbox and outriggers, or whatever those stabiliser things are called. Stabilisers.

And here it is connected to the cab.

Part three was the trailer and lifting bed, or at least the workings of it. And some other bits at the end. Took maybe two and a half to three hours. This is the underside.

And this is the... overside.

At the end of part three you whack some wheels and stuff on, so it starts to look like a real thing and not just a skeleton.

Part four is a scary looking one. It's the lifting arm/crane, and it's basically 90% tubes and pneumatics and stuff, so looking forward to that! So yeah, it's going okay, still not sure if it's all going to work at the end but all the switches and gears and stuff seem okay at the moment. The steering works and when it goes forwards the pistons move as they should so at least the basics are in place!

If you haven't built a Technic set in a while, this thing would totally blow your mind. Technic has really moved on in the last 20 years. Earlier I was working on a sub-build of a sub-build of a sub-build of a sub-build of the main build and it was like "what the hell is even going on here."

Comment

Looks really complex! I haven't built a Technic set in decades. I'm on night 2 of my Ghostbusters HQ. Will post some pics when I'm done. In the meantime, a few will go up on my Instagram as I get through it (https://www.instagram.com/genuine_human/).

It's a meaty build!

Comment

Missus has just brought some Ninjago Lego for my eldest for his birthday.. She said she nearly caved and pickd up the new x-wing and tie fighter..

Comment

The new X-wing is great! Would recommend it.

Comment

I've just finished the fourth part of six of the Arocs, so here's more photos!

This part is the crane, and was really fiddly - there was only three bags and it took over two hours. Lots and lots of tubes and stuff to fit in a very small space.

The instructions were reeeeally confusing in places, which is actually kind of a theme with this build. There are a lot of times where it just leaves you to assume where pieces go on the reverse of the model and stuff.

Without power the crane wants to curl up like a dead spider so I had to kind of balance it here to get a shot of it. Ha.

And so here's what the whole thing looks like right now, with a couple of modular buildings in the background so that you can get a sense of the size of it.

I've still gotta add the power pack, but I have no batteries so I couldn't do that yet. Once that's in place though, I think everything that's supposed to move will move so I can finally play around and see what this thing does. And whether or not I built it right.

Comment

Looks big! And very different to usual Lego builds.

Comment

It is veeery different yeah. Basically the entire thing is held together with pegs. Every so often you encounter a brick with studs on and you're like "oh yeah, studs!" There's been maybe one or two in each part, haha.

It's definitely scratching the same itch that LEGO does though (and creating whole new "what's the next massive Technic set I can buy" itches as well).

Comment

That top photo with all the hoses/pipes just looks crazy!

It all coming along nicely tho'.

What will you do once it is built? If you do fancy tackling more Technic kits, surely anything after the Acos is going to be simpler? Perhaps you should have started at the other end of the scale? The only other kit that will be bigger and potentially more challenging to build will be the BWE. However, that's not out yet, and will no doubt be close to, if not more than ?200 (my estimate I hasten to add).

Last of my UCS sets that I am able to purchase without having to turn to scalpers paradise.

Along with the Chicken minifig

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                                That top photo with all the hoses/pipes just looks crazy!
                                It was pretty fiddly, it's a very tight fit! I've no idea what I'll do with it once it's finished tbh, it'll stay around for a while though as the thought of taking it to pieces fills me with dread. It must be held together with like 1,000+ pegs!

The BWE is going to be ?180 according to Brickset, which is a fair bit less than I was expecting. I actually bought the Arocs to stop myself buying the BWE though, ever since I saw that thing I have been craving an epic Technic set but the BWE is so weird so I bought the Arocs to satisfy my hunger. Of course, being LEGO, all it's done is made me want the BWE even more. Bloody hell.

I don't really have any interest in smaller Technic sets at this point though. The reason I've loved building the Arocs so much is because of how much there is going on in the set, I don't think anything less than this would do it for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X