No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a sweet TIE Fighter. I reckon it will be a LONG time before my conscience (or indeed wife) will let me buy more Lego after this Ghostbusters HQ but I think I'd love to go for some of those modular sets. A bit gutted I missed the Detective's Office. The price isn't so bad in some places but it will be crazy in no time, I'm sure. Also somewhat gutted I missed the double VIP points - just waiting a couple of weeks on that Ghostbusters set would have earned me some good points.

Also, a few pics of my work in progress HQ:

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 11-03-2016, 15:34.

Comment

If you think you're going to want modulars, get them now. If you buy even one in the future you're going to want more, and if they've been retired you're looking at 3x the RRP to pick one up - or more.

If you buy them now, you're saving money! That should convince the wife. Could be worth contacting LEGO about double VIP. Just ask them if you can have the points because otherwise you could just buy the GBHQ now for double VIP and return the previous order, I assume you're still well within the returns window.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        A bit gutted I missed the Detective's Office
        It's still available isn't it? (I saw it today in ToysRUs). I LOVE the Detective's Office.

Comment

Ah, must be still around. I couldn't see it on the Lego site.

Comment

Yeah it's still there, sort the Creator theme on LEGO from highest to lowest price and you pretty much find all the best stuff on the site!

Palace Cinema and Pet Shop are the ones that people expect to retire before long, they've both been around for a while - though Parisian Restaurant has some rare bricks (a load of olive green) so it could be at risk and it's one you really don't want to miss because it's a terrific build.

My Brick Bank just arrived from 'em, up to date again now (kind of sort of).

Comment

I take it that you have the Ecto-1 to go with your HQ, DT? If not, I presume you'll be adding it to 'complete the set'?

Comment

Yes, I do. When I got it, there was no sign of any other Ghostbusters sets. A one-off, that's a pretty safe purchase. No danger of wanting to collect the... wait there is a whole HQ now?! I resisted for quite some time but really glad to have it now. It's still not finished but it's a lovely set. A lot of love went into it.

Comment

Arocs finished, last few photos then!

Part five was the cab, took around two and a half hours, and finally my thing looks like a thing!

This is what the front end looks like at the end of part 4...

And this is what it looks like at the end of part 5!

There are three separate builds, kinda, so these are what you make in part 5.

The cab is really satisfyingly chunky! It tips forwards when connected to the main model to access the batteries.

Part six was the tipping bed, only took half an hour, it was a very quick part of the build.

Not a very sexy part of the build!

So yeah, there we go. Love it love it love it. Going to buy the Bucket Wheel Excavator. Oh God. What have I done?

Total build time was around 12 hours I reckon.

Comment

Nice! I finished my Ghostbusters HQ today. It's pretty amazing. Got some pics - will post a few in a while. The little details from both movies are lovely.

Comment

Very nice ttk.

Better start saving for that BWE, it's a wallet buster!

Comment

Well, much more success with AliExpress than Ebay. The GB Firehouse arrived yesterday so that's now going to wait where it is till I can:

A-Buy the light kit for it
                        B-Find somewhere it will ultimately reside once built
                        C-Finish the long process of building the Batmobile.

I went hard mode on the Batmobile by opening every bag and mixing them all together. It's taking much, much longer than the other sets and so far I've finished the working bat signal and am halfway through the small Batcycle part.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          I went hard mode on the Batmobile by opening every bag and mixing them all together.
                          Why would you do such a thing, you monstrous masochist!

Comment

I felt like the others went by too quick, this though... it's taking an age. Def not repeating for the Firehouse. That'd be a year long project

Comment

Due to a tax refund, I have a Lego set credit. It has been ages since I bought anything. No idea what to go for...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Due to a tax refund, I have a Lego set credit. It has been ages since I bought anything. No idea what to go for...

Comment

Working...
                                X