Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    That is rubbish
    It was always gonna be a challenge creating a big hairy man out of solid bricks, but to get it this wrong is quite the feat.

few nice new sets coming in September including a new version of the ghost from rebels. The first version of the ship goes for silly money on the second hand market as do the mini-figs that come with it as a lot are exclusive to the set and the only version of certain characters in lego.

Comment

I feel like they used this homemade chocolate Chewie as the basis

Comment

^^^

Comment

Wow. That Chewie. Seriously.

For a large part, I think it’s ugly every time they try to make characters like that but this one is on a whole other level.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Wow. That Chewie. Seriously.

For a large part, I think it’s ugly every time they try to make characters like that but this one is on a whole other level.
            its scale that's the issue, to make an actual product that works at retail means your really limited to the brick count, corners are cut and you end up with kill it with fire chewie, and drug addled/sleep deprived yoda

look at what you can do with enough bricks and a bit of imagination

Comment

Concorde.
              Build a detailed replica of the world’s most famous supersonic commercial passenger aeroplane with the LEGO® Icons Concorde building set for adults

Comment

That's pretty cool. I'm still lusting over the Titanic set, but £600 is a lot of dough for something that I'll build once then put in a cupboard somewhere, although I do keep trying to justify it in my head! I'm not sure why my nephew started buying me a set every Christmas (The only time I indulge) but I do enjoy my Boxing Day builds.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  I'm still lusting over the Titanic set, but £600 is a lot of dough for something that I'll build once then put in a cupboard somewhere, although I do keep trying to justify it in my head!
                  I'd love that set but it is a bit too expensive to justify. But then it'll retire and cost even more It belongs in an old oak office.

Comment

I just realised the other day I could put it in the shop somewhere as a display piece once built. One step closer to justifying it.

Comment

That's the spirit! Pics when built please

Comment

You've had the OG LEGO Masters - very dry, very British.

Then came LEGO Masters US - way OTT, Will Arnett and his LEGO Batman voice helping to move things along. Doesn't have the "nastiness" that has been injected into other British -> US reality TV versions (see Masterchef as an example).

Australia next. Brilliant! Wholesome, fun, a real sense of friendship between the pairs and the feeling that they all want to succeed.

Then New Zealand got involved. Not quite as good as the Aussie version but still a fun watch.

Now, there's LEGO Masters Japan which I've managed to source all 10 episodes of.

It's different. Showing the audition process, having a panel of guests / judges, having a studio audience.

And then there's the very Japanese trope of having massive subtitles for pretty much everything.

It's an assault on my eyes and I am totally, absolutely here for the whole ride!!

No subtitles is fun too. Picking out random words and trying to "translate" for my 8 year old.

Amazing!

Comment

Another LEGO store is coming to Manchester as a Trafford Centre retail location has been announced, the second of its kind.

The Trafford Centre is to receive a second Lego Store this winter

Comment

This set caught my eye today. I'm a sucker for limited gradient colour skies. Plus it has a retro space vibe going on. It now sits on a shelf above the main TV. Gave my kids one each to build. Love it!

Last edited by hudson; 29-08-2023, 16:59.

Comment

Working...
                            X