No announcement yet.

Little Things that Irk You 4Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was just on the toilet so long my leg fell asleep and when it woke up, the apes were in charge.

Comment

And across the world, Japanese heated toilets seats were beckoning you come hither...

Comment

New irk.
        Why is seemingly everything a "solution" these days? I needed a heater at work for a job the other day and when it arrived it was labeled as a Temporary Climate Solution. Seriously. Same with the pump in the nearby excavation it's no longer just a pump but a Pumping Solution.
        What's next beer? Shyness Removal Solution.
        Dinner - Life Extension Solution.
        Christiano Ronaldo - Goal Scoring Grease Absorbption Solution.

Surely the marketing people are just doing this as a joke.

Oh and my ongoing irk of the century is people being called consumers by the mass media even in non economy related stories.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          Oh and my ongoing irk of the century is people being called consumers by the mass media even in non economy related stories.
          That'll be the Soylent Green added to McDonalds...

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            New irk.
            Why is seemingly everything a "solution" these days? I needed a heater at work for a job the other day and when it arrived it was labeled as a Temporary Climate Solution. Seriously. Same with the pump in the nearby excavation it's no longer just a pump but a Pumping Solution.
            What's next beer? Shyness Removal Solution.
            Dinner - Life Extension Solution.
            Christiano Ronaldo - Goal Scoring Grease Absorbption Solution.

Surely the marketing people are just doing this as a joke.

My dad hates this more than anyone. To take the piss, he called his record shop "Vinyl Solution."

Comment

Day off today (national holiday), forgot to disable the alarm: woke up at 6AM.

Comment

Don't be like that, think of what you can achieve with your day!

Comment

Yeah no point wasting it laying in bed.

Comment

Mac keyboards.

Too soft and unresponsive.

Comment

I think they're fine on their laptops but I prefer my noisy, clacky Steelseries 6gv2! The layout is bizarre and required me to produce my own Windows and Mac layouts just to use it properly but it was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        I think they're fine on their laptops but I prefer my noisy, clacky Steelseries 6gv2! The layout is bizarre and required me to produce my own Windows and Mac layouts just to use it properly but it was worth it.
                        the only difrence ive found is that the @ is on the 2 always gets me when moving to a pc

goddam"gmail.com arghhhhhh

Comment

Yep! Check this out though:

Look at the location of the # key!

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                            Yeah no point wasting it laying in bed.
                            So true, my alarm went off at 6 as well, with Owl City's lovely track "When Will I See You Again" from Wreck-It-Ralph. That's how I knew I was still alive today. Also I want to watch the movie again now.

Comment

I've been working with overseas developers for the last few days via conference calls and I'm at the point where I just want to bang my head on the desk. We're working on a project to define and automate suites of software tests for build pipelines, to replace an old and somewhat complicated framework, which is the proverbial "ball of mud". Given that we have a clean slate, I've stipulated that whatever we develop should be logically grouped by what is being tested, that the tests themselves should be reasonably simple and that each test should really only be testing one thing. For some reason, it took five hours for them to grasp this yesterday.

Today they came back with a ridiculous proposal for very tightly coupled tests that would test multiple scenarios each, effectively meaning that even with the opportunity of having a clean slate, they're going to screw it all up again. Cue even more meetings, during which I had to grab a developer to tell them off for their bad design over the phone. The overseas team just seems to be obsessed with getting numbers as low as possible, without considering long-term maintenance, flexibility or using the most appropriate tools for the job- they even hinted that they're unwilling to write tests in JavaScript because nobody can be bothered to deviate from C# there. They're so unbelievably short-sighted and lazy... and to think that I didn't have the confidence to apply to be a developer myself, when there are people like this around!

Comment

Loads of stuff has sucked recently.

1. Having to work all hours and basically missing my 7 years old birthday
                                2. Having to deal with a PM from another company who is blatantly trying to undermine everything I say
                                3. Causing a chimney fire which needed the wood burner pulling out so we have no heating.
                                4. Pre-school demanding that we attend for a parent helper session when we are supposed to be taking our son to hospital
                                5. Having friends who do not need to work moaning about everything, when not realising they have it easy
                                6. Crap weather
                                7. Being a grumpy tosser through being so tired all the time (you may have noticed that)
                                8. My kids getting ill and not sleeping.
                                9. Father in law's cancer potentially getting worse
                                10. Sister with serious health issues and a prat of a husband
                                11. Being Grumpy
                                12. Being Grumpy.

Comment

Working...
                                X