No announcement yet.

Little Things that Irk You 4Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supermarkets do that on purpose. If you know where everything is, you might come in and quickly only buy what you came in for. They bank on people spotting other things they might like and buying more than they need.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Supermarkets do that on purpose. If you know where everything is, you might come in and quickly only buy what you came in for. They bank on people spotting other things they might like and buying more than they need.
      Yeah thankfully i never fall for that

Oh another irk i used to get this mouth ulcer stuff it was great you used it once and that is it pain gone but now it is not available anywhere i live have to order it on amazon

photos of ghosts....they wear clothes is there afterlife for clothes ????
      Last edited by eastyy; 31-08-2014, 08:55.

Comment

Back to work tomorrow - 6 week summer holidays just aren't long enough!

Comment

...I hate you just a little bit.

Comment

4am and I'm still awake

Comment

AV Forums people writing an essay explaining why your item is only worth the price that they want to pay for it. Just don't buy it if you're not happy with the price. I'll stick the thing on ebay ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                AV Forums people writing an essay explaining why your item is only worth the price that they want to pay for it. Just don't buy it if you're not happy with the price. I'll stick the thing on ebay ffs.
                lol - i've had a few people on ebay do that too.

what was the item Brad and what was there reasoning?

Comment

14mm lens. Came from a camera kit so no box or lens pouch so therefore worth ?10 less than what I asked. Then launched into a diatribe about resale value, trade in blah blah blah. Like I give a toss about any of that lol.

Comment

As most of you probably know, someone somewhere dumped a deluge of purported nude photographs of a number of female celebrities online yesterday. The victims include the likes of Kate Upton, Victoria Justice, Ariana Grande, Kirsten Dunst, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Krysten Ritter, Yvonne Strahovski, and Teresa Palmer. But the focal [...]

I don't understand this perspective. If you don't want nudes exposed don't take any?

Comment

That's victim blaming. Likely the point behind the article but I mostly just scanned it to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmen...s-a-sex-crime/

I don't understand this perspective. If you don't want nudes exposed don't take any?
                        So what, people shouldn't be allowed to do/own things in the privacy of their own homes? Really?

Comment

People should have the right to their privacy and for their accounts to not be broken into and personal property stolen. If they just left them on an open site that would be one thing and maybe you could blame them for not taking precautions but they were on password protected devices and services.

The women involved have no blame when these have been stolen and your view is a pretty obnoxious, superior attitude to take. Something similar happened to a friend of mine and let me assure you that the victim blaming or dismissal of the crime is very damaging.

The people at fault are the vile goblins that steal and then perpetuate these images.

Comment

Whats been funny is seeing all the news articles online about the moral wrongs of it all (itself winded by them ignoring the 10-15 years its been happening) when initially reporting on it yesterday some even used some of the less graphic leaked pics in their headlines.

Obviously a massive breach of privacy but still somehow surprising how lax many celebs are about their mobile security considering the long history of common hacks

Comment

Well it certainly exposes a gaping flaw in the way we're going. Everything is going online, into the cloud and we take it all for granted and it's now beginning to get integrated into physical devices and appliances and yet the bottom line is that the world is simply not secure enough for that. Almost every large website has been hacked and has had personal information compromised, many selling off their information as standard even without hacks and now something like 100 celebs at once have photos stolen seemingly from automatic cloud storage, although speculation on how this seems to have happened varies.

I do wonder what the outcome will be. A generation who doesn't know what privacy is, where there is no point in keeping anything to yourself because it's now impossible to do so...

But in this instance how lax they are in mobile security (or not, because I haven't seen concrete info how it happened) does not in any way change what should be the focus of how this is treated. Victim blaming is not cool.

Comment

I agree with that, I particularly feel sorry for the ones who have worked hard to build their reputation and image as its likely affected those involved differently. There's not one inch of herself Rihanna hasn't posted onto instagram to her fans so unless the hack involves something really graphic there's kind of a cap on how much the exposure aspect would affect her (though the breach of personal security and privacy aspect still stands), compared to Jennifer Lawrence who has been worked hard to build her image and avoided the more lewd side of magazine shoots etc yet has instantly had that undone. Even Kate Upton has withheld from more explicit nudity yet now has to live knowing someone has given the world every inch against her will. It'd be utterly mortifying, especially in the modern world where you literally can't take it back. Ironically, its caused such a furore we'll probably see more hacks in the near future. Golden rule still stands-Love the internet, but never trust it

Comment

Working...
                                X