This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    I'll be interested in that, I haven't planned any vacations yet so a trip to the old Blighty is very doable.
    We'll try and flex around you like we did with randombs as you have to fly. No dates in mind yet, but possibly late May.

Trying to remember who on here is Northern.
    You can tell because they have an annual bath whether they need it or not.

[MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION], [MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION], [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION], [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION]

I also think [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] should make the effort to come over!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Right, let's get the ball rolling and see who might be interested in a Northern meetup later in the year.
      Probably a sit down meal for lunch then on to Arcade Club, which is in Bury.

Anyone fancy that?
      Theres an arcade club second site opening in leeds sometime next month that will have all the huge hydraulic machines they couldnt put in the bury site

Comment

I'd travel up.

Comment

That’s not the North, like.

Comment

Depending on where we'll meet I might append a visit to Duxford or Bovington. Or any other decent aviation musuem in the country. Middle of April or June are two periods I'v been eyeing for vacations, but if it's going to be just a weekend, pretty much any time is fine.

Comment

Brilliant, I need a drink with [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION] [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION] and a good beer with [MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION]. Hopefully [MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION] can make it too . Need a months notice to book time off work mind

Comment

I’d like to meet up just depends when. Got 2 months of shutdown at work and a couple of trips planned. The new Arcade Club venue in Leeds sounds good.

Comment

I live in the NW QC, put my name down!

Comment

Don't mind getting on a train and potentially getting a room sorted for this, chaps. Count me in.

Comment

Ah nice!

Good response so far, chaps.
                      Was going to tag you, [MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION], but didn't know if it was too far.

Obviously, if you're making the effort, then so can [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]!

Although the lure of hydraulic cabs in the Leeds site is strong, the website had no mention of it. Also, they only submitted plans late last year, so it's my recommendation that we stick with Bury this time, unless anyone can categorically say it'll be open, let's do that.
                      I've tweeted them for an update.

Comment

It's not open in leeds yet, they said they are aiming for feb. Until the arcade club facebook page says so i'd stick to the bury one. It's gonna be unreal having something so awesome in leeds, i plan on going there on a weekly basis after work, finally somewhere cool to hang out gonna make the most of that place it's not often you have access to the arcade of your dreams.

Comment

It's not like the Bury one is rubbish.

They've just got not one but THREE Quick & Crash cabs!

It's going to cost them a fortune replacing all those shot mugs!

Comment

The bury one is incredible not even just for all the awesome new music games they have but the selection of retro machines is unrivalled they have a lot of really rare machines. How often do you ever see vector games like asteroids or tempest out in the wild? in 2019 having places like that where arcade gaming still is alive is quite frankly amazing which is why i will support them as much as i can. Will be buying the monthly pass each month for leeds. Just wish the bury site was easier to get to as if you can't drive it's quite the trek.

There is no arcade in all of europe that can rival it.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Ah nice!

Good response so far, chaps.
                              Was going to tag you, @CMcK, but didn't know if it was too far.

Obviously, if you're making the effort, then so can @Colin!
                              Bury is a shorter distance than driving to Wales to visit my family so not a problem. Just let me know the date and I’ll see if I can make it.

Comment

OK, so it's a Bank Holiday on Monday 27th May, so people might have plans for the weekends that bookend it.

What do people think of Saturday 11th May?

Comment

Working...
                                X