No announcement yet.

Have I over reacted here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If microsoft cant deactivate the games id personaly spend that 30 quid on getting an old xbox with a broken disk drive off ebay and whip all the content of it via the content licence transfer, just to spite the ****er.

Comment

If he doesnt have a new machine then it doesnt work, does it?

Comment

You just need to log in with your gamer tag on another machine, then you can start a transfer, which you can do every 12 months.

There is also an option that will invalidate your gamer tag on the old machine

Comment

For ultimate revenge could report it as stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Everyone on my Facebook seems so affluent and content with their life.

Stark contrast to me.
            That's how Facebook is, though, along with most online stuff. People only report the highs and lows. No-one ever posts "got up, had breakfast, went to work, watched Netflix, went to sleep".

There was a very good survey recently that found the majority of Facebook users (of those who use it a lot) consider themselves depressed, because all their friends are doing awesome things and they're not up to much - in reality, their friends all feel this way too.

Comment

I had "friends" who did post the whole, "I'm awake now" "Im out of bed now" "I'm eating bran flakes now" type sh1t

Deleted those mofos ONE TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                You just need to log in with your gamer tag on another machine, then you can start a transfer, which you can do every 12 months.
                Currently, you can do a licence transfer once every four months. Changing the region of your Live account can also be done more frequently, once every three months.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                  I had "friends" who did post the whole, "I'm awake now" "Im out of bed now" "I'm eating bran flakes now" type sh1t

Deleted those mofos ONE TIME!
                  Sounds like the plot of most student films

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    Yes, you can simply go online and use the license transfer tool to move it to your new machine. Where it is/was is irrelevant.
                    Good news. Sound like the op now has the process to regain control of the account and transfer local licences. Good luck op.

Comment

Sounds like everyone here has sorted out the technicalities of how to regain control of your MS account. Sadly it looks like a friendship is lost over something silly but your friend is at fault, not you. Maybe one day he'll realise and apologise. All that's left for me to contribute to the topic is that 'overreacted' is one word, not two ;-)

Comment

Once this has blown over, take a **** in an envelope and post it through his letterbox.

Comment

Gone to the xbox website and changed my account password and make it require a password to use any of the content linked to my account. I've got no plans to buy another 360 anytime soon so will leave it that for now. Also checked my bank account to see that ?22 of the ?30 had been transferred back, the missing ?8 was for a T-shirt I had ordered for him online which we are still waiting to receive, so I guess he has no intention of meeting up again. Bit sad really as we have been very close friends for about 3 years now and one of the only people who I really trusted, plus the only person from uni I have anything to do with. But I have no intention of apologising for calling him out and saying that what he had done was ****ty.

Comment

I stand by my "he needs a kick in the balls" match analysis of the situation.

Comment

What's your new password then? No point those games going to waste! [emoji12]

Seriously though. Pity this has happened. Don't let it eat you up too much.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                                What's your new password then? No point those games going to waste! [emoji12]

Seriously though. Pity this has happened. Don't let it eat you up too much.
                                ?30 to you

Comment

Working...
                                X