Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

£70 for two legend scale bots is pretty crazy £2.99 in 1984 to £35 in 2024
    even a quid in 1986. I bought cup from pound land back in the day and Cosmos as well! Both legit and both a quid.

Comment

Personally, I think the Magic Square and Newage versions look better than the Missing Link version of Bumblebee.

Comment

The thing with the missing Link stuff is that they are exact remakes of the original figure so might not be to everyone taste but they are playing on the original nostalgia of the first figures

Sure they are done better in other lines but they are variations on a theme

Appreciate they aren't for everyone but for me I'm stoked they are going back & giving us what I'd have killed for in 1984 with the advanced poseability they have now is something I can't pass up

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
          The thing with the missing Link stuff is that they are exact remakes of the original figure so might not be to everyone taste but they are playing on the original nostalgia of the first figures

Sure they are done better in other lines but they are variations on a theme

Appreciate they aren't for everyone but for me I'm stoked they are going back & giving us what I'd have killed for in 1984 with the advanced poseability they have now is something I can't pass up

Neil

i think their cool but just over priced for what they are, 35 for alegend scale figure is crazy, £20 tops is where they should be or in a collectors box set for 45-50.

I still have a full collection of the original vintage minibots including cliff jumper and Bee the price for these retools are out pricing what you can pick these up for loose on eBay. The premium cost associated with these figures is normally retooling and re-design. it's not like they have had to massively re-tool these figures, bar putting a bit more articulation into the limbs.

It's a worrying trend across all lines of transformers that prices are going up and up, and have far outpaced inflation, no where is this more evident than the masterpiece line i got smokescreen for £40 and bigger robots where £70-100, now the smaller robots are £100 and bigger bots like optimus are in the £350 ballpark. It's not like they have massively upped the quality either, with loads of issues with breakages from weak parts, and poor clearance causing paint chipping.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 22-05-2024, 08:38.

Comment

Working...
          X