Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
    Neo, that statue is one of the bestest I've seen in quite a while.

I'm quite jealous tbh.
    Thanks man! It's been worth the wait!

I really do think Tsume are doing some incredible stuff and are pushing what can be done as a pre-painted statues. I just can't wait to see future One Piece, Naruto and Bleach pieces and what they do with Dragon Ball!

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
      Sideshows 12 days has been running and a few great reveals so far! All these are of the actual statues too......just depends on when SS gets them up for order. A lot of the stuff from last year like the GOTG license and the Hobbit License they didn't even do anything with and they no longer have the license for neither.

With the exception of Aquaman i'll be getting the other 3, been wanting Jango for ages and i'm loving the pose and Spider-man might actually be the first Spider-man i am truly happy with! Really looking forward to seeing Aquaman as he's one of my fave DC characters just haven't got the room to do 1/4 DC stuff.......maybe if he looks insanely cool lol.

Another Red Sonja PF was announced too which is weird since the last one just came out.

Also Neil when i told my Mum i was having a Zoro statue she thought the exact thing, you think like my Mum......lol.
      Sideshow confuse the F out of me lately, they have no real plan to what they are doing.
      Power Girl still seems like such an odd choice & doing nothing with Guardians is just plain daft.
      That Spidey looks mad hope it can stand ok as that pose just leads me to think there will be major issues if they aren't careful.

Popped round my brothers last night & took a quick snap of his DBZ Figuarts collection.

Android 18 on route as we speak & Broly to be picked up after his next payday.

He's smarting or missing out on Cell & original SS Vegeta though

Neil

Comment

Coming soon...

Comment

Alright TF masterpiece experts, I need some help.

I have just got around to opening and building MP-17, Prowl. Its my first masterpiece and I got stuck at step 5, bringing up his head. Resorted to youtube and my difficulty seems to be caused by the fact my Prowl is defective. His head is on an axle that goes right through both sides of his helmet and connects to the side of the car bonnet. It can rotate but not be raised or lowered, because its a fixed axle.

According to youtube the head should be connected at the neck to a separate plastic panel that can be rotated. Mine is not connected at the neck (I can see all the way inside his head) and has no panel.
          Last edited by Darwock; 03-01-2015, 05:26.

Comment

Recent pick up thanks to toys r us sale this only cost me ?30, if only prime would drop below ?80 I would add that too, really surprised at the diecast metal and light up features and it looks great in both modes.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
              Alright TF masterpiece experts, I need some help.

I have just got around to opening and building MP-17, Prowl. Its my first masterpiece and I got stuck at step 5, bringing up his head. Resorted to youtube and my difficulty seems to be caused by the fact my Prowl is defective. His head is on an axle that goes right through both sides of his helmet and connects to the side of the car bonnet. It can rotate but not be raised or lowered, because its a fixed axle.

According to youtube the head should be connected at the neck to a separate plastic panel that can be rotated. Mine is not connected at the neck (I can see all the way inside his head) and has no panel.
              Wow that sounds so weird.
              I have no idea what the issue there is but that sounds all kinds of wrong.

I don't have Prowl at home but I do have Silverstreak & I'll have a good look at mine but pretty damn sure yours is defective.

In other things the 12 Days of Sideshow is still happening & today's reveal is...

Not really sure how I feel about him he doesn't look that great there if I'm honest.

Will wait & see but doubt I'll be adding him.

Neil

Comment

Buy a new shelf....

Comment

So arrived home today to a note to go & pick something big up from the neighbours...

Tidgy bit of corner damage but nothing too major...please ignore creepy blurry child she appeared in shot as I took the pic lol

Opened her up & I was blown away by how she looked just in the packaging...she's stunning

However upon unwrapping it looks like I might have to have my first dealing with Sideshow Customer service...I have a broken plant

Clean break so could be repairable but I'll ask for a replacement first.

Anyway I did check the rest over & no other problems anywhere & she is a work of art so glad I missed the original & went for this version instead.

So here's the pics you've no doubt been dying to see...well obviously not but you knew I was going to post them anyway lol

Even with the breakage I think she's awesome.
                  Way more impressive in person than any pic can do her justice & IMO much better than Harley she looks fantastic, great paint, gorgeous features, amazing pose & just all round one of the best pieces I own

Now to get started on that email

Neil

Comment

Love it, if I was a PF collector I'd be all over it and I do prefer this variant of it too

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      Love it, if I was a PF collector I'd be all over it and I do prefer this variant of it too
                      Thanks man, she is a beauty.

I really think the variant colour is much better than the original, the green just really makes her pop & is so much more Ivy than the flesh coloured original

Just trying to send the message to SS about the breakage but the site is taking a hell of a long time to send it over

Neil

Comment

She looks great Neil, SS really nailed the face again.

I personally still prefer the normal skin version, i also prefer the plants on the normal version ( they have TEETH! ) but that's just me!

Comment

That's one nice statue Neil, congrats.

Hopefully the plant replacement will be quick and straightforward. Let us know how you get on, as I'm sure one of us will, over time, receive a damaged item from SSC. It will be good to have your (unfortunate) experience to draw upon.

Comment

Hopefully the plant replacement will be quick and straightforward. Let us know how you get on, as I'm sure one of us will, over time, receive a damaged item from SSC. It will be good to have your (unfortunate) experience to draw upon.
                            I've had a few things broken from SSC and they have always just sent me out a replacement, as soon as you have the replacement and it's OK you just send them a picture of the broken piece completely destroyed.

It's always been on brand new stuff though so there's been replacements, I've never been offered the puny credit amount yet.

Comment

Regarding my MP Prowl problem, Takara-Tomy are saying it is no longer available, so I can have a replacement item up to the value of 6500 yen, which they will deliver and pick up the defective one at the same time.

The only MP within that price range is Bumblebee, and that is also out of stock according to the website. Will find out for sure when I call back but so far I am not very impressed.

Comment

She looks great Neil, SS really nailed the face again.

I personally still prefer the normal skin version, i also prefer the plants on the normal version ( they have TEETH! ) but that's just me!
                                Thanks man

Yeah they seem to have really gotten a hold on the run of poor faces & they seem much better lately.
                                Really pleased with how she looks.

Funny a few people are saying they prefer the original but there are tons on SSF that feel the same as me that the Green works better.
                                Apparently a couple of people have tried & you can fit the plants from the original version in the Green one

Thanks Grover.
                                Honestly in had she is fantastic...I'm almost amazed my pics came out that well too...I took them at gone 10pm lol

Yeah hoping I'll hear back soon & they'll just offer up a replacement plant
                                I've heard they are pretty good so fingers crossed my experience will be a good one

I've had a few things broken from SSC and they have always just sent me out a replacement, as soon as you have the replacement and it's OK you just send them a picture of the broken piece completely destroyed.

It's always been on brand new stuff though so there's been replacements, I've never been offered the puny credit amount yet.
                                Yeah had heard the credit is some tiny amount so hopefully just a replacement to come.
                                This is so new & still in stock that I shouldn't have any issues with the new plant.

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                                Regarding my MP Prowl problem, Takara-Tomy are saying it is no longer available, so I can have a replacement item up to the value of 6500 yen, which they will deliver and pick up the defective one at the same time.

The only MP within that price range is Bumblebee, and that is also out of stock according to the website. Will find out for sure when I call back but so far I am not very impressed.
                                Wow that's pretty poor.
                                I'd have expected them to give you a value equal to Prowl which should have in theory been enough to replace him with Wheeljack or the like seems odd they'd only offer you the value of a smaller character like 'Bee

Hope you get it sorted soon

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X