Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    second time ive seen this now and it doesn't look so bad going from robot to car but the robot to car transform doesn't look cool at all, its almost like how id imagine an geriatric transformer to get up

"hold on hold on i can do this....... ugh my aching axles"
    Last edited by Lebowski; 21-01-2015, 10:29.

Comment

GGXrd Sol figure delayed again *grumble*

Comment

You'll get used to it, figures get postponed every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          second time ive seen this now and it doesn't look so bad going from robot to car but the robot to car transform doesn't look cool at all, its almost like how id imagine an geriatric transformer to get up

"hold on hold on i can do this....... ugh my aching axles"
          I think it's work in progress, but yeah, it's not the coolest transformation sequence.

We're getting closer to Robogeddon though...

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post

Any pics of the 3 together??
            Easily done, Ill grab one of the trio and another of the 5 current DC ArtFX's together also

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              Easily done, Ill grab one of the trio and another of the 5 current DC ArtFX's together also
              Awesome Look forward to seeing them

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                You'll get used to it, figures get postponed every time.
                This ain't my first rodeo just have had a spot saved for some time, and was hoping to fill it! First4Figures need to hurry up with news on Akira too..,

Comment

New Fate figure incoming

Aaaaand preordered.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                    Switzerland isn't in the EU Economically speaking, of course. If I ever get it, I'll have it sent to my parents.
                    Did you see he went up? 1/6 Scale $280, he looks great!

Comment

As promised, the Justice Trinity:

And the DC ArtFX Line. Supergirl is a little small but she has a curved stance and could be assumed to be represented at a much younger age than the others so just about fits in:

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                        Did you see he went up? 1/6 Scale $280, he looks great!
                        He indeed looks great, but I'll pass in the end, too many big expenses upcoming for this year.

Comment

So just a few thoughts on Grimlock. Dino mode is awesome, great size and weight and the legs work really well to hold his weight and the diecast in the chest/belly gives him great balance.

NOW the robot mode, having all that Diecast int he chest and hands and having none in the feet is a big problem, it also doesn't help that his waist joints aren't great, so the test of holding him by the chest and giving him a wiggle means his legs just flop around. He does looks great aesthetically but just some more weight in the feet or even some rubber on the feet would have been great. Poses can be done but i've always got the sense that yeah he's gonna be flat on his face in the morning.

Also the gimmicks, he's a really gimmicky figure i guess following on from MP1 Prime, the stuff i do like is the eyes switching on both robot and dino modes and the autobot logo reveal in robot mode. Stuff like the button to close the mouth, the wiggle tail to move head and the light up are just a waste of time completely, the light up especially is just rubbish.

But yeah for ?30 - ?50 price it's a good buy but i really wouldn't have been happy with him if i'd paid ?100+.

Also picked up a DX Chogokin Luca Valkyrie from Macross Frontier for ?38! Bargain!

Comment

Iron Giant poseable figure...$300...shipping Q3 2015...more than massive tempted...

Comment

Trip to my LCS today & I'm a little bit poorer now...

She's lovely really really worth the wait.
                              They did get Holiday Harley in too but I'm still not 100% sold on her so left her for a bit & see how I feel in a few weeks

Neil

Comment

You happy with those eyes Neil?

Comment

Working...
                                X