Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    i think its the very flat grey plastic on his arms and legs thats also not helping with his thin look, this must be the bottom of the car
    Yeah it is the underside of the car.

If you look at the original G1 toy he twists at the waste so the bonnet faces the back & the underside forms his legs so it's accurate tin that respect.

Have a look at the animation model & he wasn't as chunky as the toy in the cartoon

I do agree he looks pretty skinny but I think he looks fine like that & I'm pre-ordering my one tonight

Neil

Comment

Someone corrected the width of the previous Tracks pic & he looks much better

Neil

Comment

It's Tracks in MP form, what more do you want! Stop moaning you pair lol.

Edit : SEE! Told you the pic was weird! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
          It's Tracks in MP form, what more do you want! Stop moaning you pair lol.

Edit : SEE! Told you the pic was weird! lol.
          Lol I wasn't complaining I said he looks a bit skinny but I'm more than happy with him.

He was always one of my faves as a kid & getting him now as an MP is awesome

Just hoping the rumours for 26-28 come true now

Neil

Comment

Yeah everyone loved Tracks man! I wasn't bothere with Wheeljack and never picked him up but i'm all over Tracks!

Whats the rumours Neil?

Comment

To be honest, for a character I'm not that fussed about, if he was cheap I could be tempted. Not a bad job of that one there.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                Yeah everyone loved Tracks man! I wasn't bothere with Wheeljack and never picked him up but i'm all over Tracks!

Whats the rumours Neil?
                Bear in mind at the moment these aren't confirmed but the source is the same that said 25 was going to be Tracks & that turned out to be true so could be a reliable source

anyway they are saying

26 - Ironhide
                27 - Ratchet or Red Tracks
                28 - Hound

27 seems to be the one causing the most discussion at the moment

im keeping an open mind but I'd be happy with them

Comment

Yes, the legs are the bottom of the car. But I agree - this is the first MP I've seen that I think actually looks worse than the original. They usually seem to enhance details. This looks much more poseable but feels like it has lost the character and looks really flat and basic.

Edit: Heh, missed a whole page of replies before my reply! The adjusted pic looks a lot better but still looks flat and basic.

Another edit: For whatever reason, when I go into this thread it no longer takes me to the latest posts.
                  Last edited by Dogg Thang; 03-03-2015, 18:31.

Comment

Vaders goes up for Order 5th of March. He looks great but it looks like his chest and belt don't have lights which sucks as the original PF did.

Comment

A 21" Hulkbuster approaches ...

-Authentic and detailed likeness of Hulkbuster in Avengers: Age of Ultron
                      -Approximately 55 cm tall (approximately 21 inches)
                      -Special features on armor:
                      -Chest can be opened to reveal the Mark XLIII bust with LED light-up eyes and arc reactor on chest
                      -Metallic red, gold and silver colored painting on armor with weathering effect
                      -Over 30 points of articulations
                      -Over 16 LED light-up areas in eyes, arc reactor on chest, repulsor palms, back, and legs (white light, battery operated)
                      -Shoulder armors can be opened
                      -Interchangeable neck armor for when displaying the Mark XLIII bust
                      -One (1) pair of removable forearm armors
                      -One (1) pair of hands with movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)

Release Q1/2 2016

Time to start saving!

Comment

Ended up buying two pieces from that same guy after the one I wanted didn't sell- and found he had another. For ?80 posted, I couldn't resist

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                          A 21" Hulkbuster approaches ...

-Authentic and detailed likeness of Hulkbuster in Avengers: Age of Ultron
                          -Approximately 55 cm tall (approximately 21 inches)
                          -Special features on armor:
                          -Chest can be opened to reveal the Mark XLIII bust with LED light-up eyes and arc reactor on chest
                          -Metallic red, gold and silver colored painting on armor with weathering effect
                          -Over 30 points of articulations
                          -Over 16 LED light-up areas in eyes, arc reactor on chest, repulsor palms, back, and legs (white light, battery operated)
                          -Shoulder armors can be opened
                          -Interchangeable neck armor for when displaying the Mark XLIII bust
                          -One (1) pair of removable forearm armors
                          -One (1) pair of hands with movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)

Release Q1/2 2016

Time to start saving!
                          Just gone up for Pre-order at a whopping $825

i know he's a beast but Jesus that's killing it
                          it

can get 2 PF's for that sort of money
                          Last edited by Soundwave; 04-03-2015, 21:29.

Comment

That's just insane for a non limited toy. I know people were saying $700 but man $825 were talking 30+ inch statues for that price lol or like you say two PFs!

Comment

Hey guys got my Cleric from HCG. This is the first in the sculptor Altertons original line Of Darkness & Damnation. Saw this well over 12 months agao and despite HCG not having the best reputation i liked the design so much i pre-ordered him, cut to today and he finally turned up.

Bit of a review then a flood of pics guys sorry

Just unboxed him so will do some impressions first then some pics.

So he comes in 8 pieces those being - the large Axe, the Clerics Head, the body, the base, the mace hand, his cape/shoulder armour, a small peg and the acore head for the EX. Also if you have the EX it comes with a very nice print!

The small peg is part of his left hand gauntlet. HCG have handled the swapping of the mace and Acore head in an unusual way, instead of using a magnet to hold it in, the piece you slot in has a hole at the connecting part and then you push the peg though the gaunlet and through the piece itself.

I'll show you on the pictures later but I've never encountered this before. The connection holds but the piece does move if touched.

Sculpt - Sculpt on the actual cleric, his weapons and the Acore head all fabulous really detailed. When i first pulled his cape out i thought, god no this looks awful, as it was just so straight and lifeless, but actually once it's on it looks great

The base is just plain textured rock which is fine but i feel it needed some debri or maybe something from Acore he killed the wings? Just something to give a little more. Over all really good sculpt the base leaves something to be desired but does the job.

Paints - The body of the Cleric, his face and weapons all look great, the details all pop the metal has a good worn look and the cloth pieces look dusty and grimey, really the paints aren't bad at all.

Again it's the base that's letting it down, the colour they went for is a orangey/brown but the application isn't good at all, it's just one colour no shading, it comes off looking plasticy and flat, honestly when the Cleric is on the base it looks OK because the focus is on the Cleric but on it's own it does look pretty shockingly poor. They should have gone for a darker red like on the promo shots.

The Acore head also is just a little dull in colour and needs a little more detail, a lot of the cracks weren't painted in like on the promo images so you get this wash of gold with not much else.

The head of the mace hand also suffers the same problem, it's a flat grey with no metallic's or shading.

The base, mace and Acore head i think i'm gonna take the paint brush to, it reminds me of the QS Conan the Brutal, everything was ok it was just missing those final details to make it pop and i think i can add them.

1 Last thing, it weighs a ton if you care about that and is actually 26" tall not 22" as listed lol, he won't fit in my besta without me adjusting the shelf so that's why pics will be later. I originally planned to put him in a detolf but his axe handle sticks out to much so he won't fit in a detolf....damn it!

I can say right off i really like him, he's got a huge presence just because of his size, the design is so unique and yet i think he'll fit in any fantasy collection no problem, I just think he's really cool and i do hope Alterton continues to do more!

Comment

Here we go!

Comment

Working...
                                X