Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
    Received an email today from Kapow letting me know Bumblebee is on route. Yay.

Had nothing about my Ultra Magnus pre-order though from them.
    Well decided I wont be using Nippon Yassan again for anything no news on shipping my 'Bee & I wont be paying up my Magnus order either

I'll be switching that to Kapow this week

Shocking service from Nippon

Neil

Comment

Hnnnngh my chogokin Fujiko F Fujio characters has shipped from Amazon the agonizing wait till it gets here begins did have it on preorder from HLJ but i cancelled as amazon had it 2000yen cheaper, been reading the reviews apparently it is indeed diecast and super high quality. The dilemma is do i leave them all as their separate figures or combine them all into the SF robo they look great in both ways. lol first world problems if it wasn't so damn expensive i'd have gotten 2 of them.

Will now make a prime space in my cabinet for it, something will be going into storage, most likely my keitai sousakan 7 phone that's in there. In the meantime been watching the assembly vid to keep me going, i love how the parts that turn into the head of the big robo & it's weapon are also the beret and pen that are linked to Fujio and can be worn by the smaller Doraemon too.
      Last edited by importaku; 30-11-2014, 16:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        Well decided I wont be using Nippon Yassan again for anything no news on shipping my 'Bee & I wont be paying up my Magnus order either

I'll be switching that to Kapow this week

Shocking service from Nippon

Neil
        Kapow are fine for the small bit of business I do. That's said out of interest (and lucky I did) checked Kapow's site and noticed that balances are due for Ultra Magnus and discount only applied if paying before 30th November:

IF PAID BEFORE NOVEMBER 30th - ?125 ( Initial deposit of ?16.50 + ?3.50 + balance of ?105) PRICE AFTER PROMOTION WILL BE ?140.

So promptly just paid up the remaining ?105 (already paid delivery on the deposit). Bit annoying that they don't email you to tell you this.

Comment

Well I had an email today saying my 'Bee order is processing so I'll hopefully have him soon.

Might just settle for my pre-order of Magnus with them anyway...the delay won't be so bad knowing I've still saved about ?20-?30 after potential Customs fees on the Kapow price (?140) & if no Customs nearly ?60

Anyway I think Hot Toys may have just made the greatest announcement ever in the history of figures be it 1/6th or otherwise when they showed this mo-fo

He looks so freaking awesome & the sheer amount of shiz he comes with is bonkers.

Might have to get in on this one.

Neil

Comment

Doesn't come with a deer though.

Comment

Needs a huge log and an icecream to shove in his face.

I really hope they do Bennet. I wanna see who buys a fat guy in a chainmail vest.

Comment

Hope they provide cardboard cutout soldiers for the background when you display them.

Comment

That's great.

I like that the elbow joints are not visible. Tho' why they need to have wrist joints is mystifying.
                  Last edited by Super Grover; 01-12-2014, 19:30. Reason: Too ashamed to say.

Comment

Bumblebee turned up today. I'll let Soundwave do more detailed opening but he's very small and in vehicle mode I wasn't that impressed at first. Enjoyable transformation and looks quite good in robot mode. Again Kapow sent the coin and Amazon JP exclusive face. Not touched the Exosuit as I'm not bothered about it or displaying.

Comment

3A have just announced they are doing TF's. You fanboys can rejoice!

Link to the appropriate topic on SSF, below.

Comment

Got some model kits today that are rather nice accessories for my figures to interact with, cheap but look nice when finished. Even came with a sheet of details you can cut out and glue on to make them look more authentic. I like how they can stack and clip together, tempted to get a few more. Sadly they don't dispense capsules but you can't have everything hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Got some model kits today that are rather nice accessories for my figures to interact with, cheap but look nice when finished. Even came with a sheet of details you can cut out and glue on to make them look more authentic. I like how they can stack and clip together, tempted to get a few more. Sadly they don't dispense capsules but you can't have everything hehe.

Wow those are seriously awesome, absolutely love them.
                          Almost as cool as those mini arcade machines that you could get a few years back.

Comment

Yeah those mini arcades are nice, hehe would be fun to get a shelf setup like a mini game center.

Would really love to own a real capsulestation as i have a ton of spare full sized capsules loitering around that i could fill it with, about 7 years ago Bandai made a fully working half sized replica, gutted that i found out 7 years too late. They used to sell for 4000yen now you can't find them for any less than 14,000 yen

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              Yeah those mini arcades are nice, hehe would be fun to get a shelf setup like a mini game center.

Would really love to own a real capsulestation as i have a ton of spare full sized capsules loitering around that i could fill it with, about 7 years ago Bandai made a fully working half sized replica, gutted that i found out 7 years too late. They used to sell for 4000yen now you can't find them for any less than 14,000 yen
                              Yeah a mini Game Center on the shelf would be so cool

That's awesome, looks quality, shame they are so dear though would have been cool to see one in your collection.
                              I love the style looks so futuristic.
                              Why is there so much cool stuff in Japan...it's all so **** here

Comment

Yeah Japan really makes some amazing stuff, the one i posted above is fully working with coins making it even more fun. Funnily enough Amazon Japan actually has the full sized capsulestation machines for about ?150 the downside is you are paying for 2 machines you can't get them separate and postage of something like that to the UK would destroy my credit card lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X