No announcement yet.

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine arrived yesterday, but I feel really guilty buying myself stuff at Christmas so that, coupled with the family not giving me 5 mins peace means I haven't opened it yet.

Thought this looks cool:

Comment

Smyths have been on point with these deliveries, second Gigawatt arrived last night

Comment

Miyamoto Reveals The New Toy Nintendo's Development Team Has Been Working On

Comment

My MP Tracks and Bumblebee arrived today. I got hammered with customs charges on top of what was already hefty postage costs. It's weird how much postage from the US has gone up, at least to where I am. Anyway, I haven't had a good look yet but they seem very cool.

Comment

Transforming them is interesting because they’re so different. Bumblebee reminds me very much of Sunstreaker - very clever but also very complex and lots of parts in the transformation where it feels like I might be doing it wrong. Pieces needing a serious yank to get them to move or needing to move them past other pieces when there really isn’t enough room so you really have to squeeze them. At times, even when I had it right, I wasn’t sure I did. And even with all the cleverness, he didn’t quite look solid together even before I transformed him and a couple of joints are a bit loose.

Tracks on the other hand is a really simple transformation. And things click beautifully into place with parts designed to sit together in a way that tells you right away that you got it right. But the end result is that he looks a little simpler too and doesn’t seem to be as poseable. Still, he looks amazing in car form. Better than I expected actually. I almost went for Loudpedal over Tracks because I thought the blue plastic might not look as nice but they have put a lovely metallic sheen into the blue and it looks great. Not as plasticy as some of the others.

They do look great in robot form together. They’ll join Sideswipe and Sunstreaker now.

I wonder if Prowl will ever get a reprint... I would really like that one.

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]

Comment

Bandai is releasing the High Grade Structure Diorama Set, this set lets you build a scene for your High Grade figures. The set features base pieces, various buildings both residential and...

Comment

I think some of those parts come from a range of gashapon I got some of last time I was in Japan. They're cool little pieces and I definitely want to grab that set for my gunpla.

Comment

Kaneda’s Bike From ‘Akira’ Has An Amazing Toy Re-Released Later This Year

"this is a re-release of the Soul of Popynica toy that originally came out back in 2010.

Over half a meter in length, it was an impressive toy with lights, sounds and detachable panels to show the mechanics underneath. Put simply, the original toy was an amazing thing to behold.

In addition to the re-release of the bike, Medicom is also re-releasing its figure of Kaneda to scale with the bike.

The bad news here is that both the bike and the figure will be really quite expensive. With the bike priced at 59,400 yen (approx. $576) and the figure costing 24,800 yen (approx. $240). That’s a lot."

Comment

The thing is 50cm long, so that price isn't too surprising.

Comment

Looks like the chogokin pacman that was posted by QC a while back in the thread finally has a preorder up on amazon japan. It's too cool not to get as i adore pacmans design, it's really nice that the little guy finally has some recognition in the figure world. I bought the pacman amiibo as i thought that was gonna be the only figure he was gonna get i'm glad i was wrong. There's a lot of cool pics on amazon, seems there's also a figuarts coming and a proplica pacman that i think actually moves as it looks like it rolls across the floor chomping away i need to see that in motion to determine if i wanna slap 3000 yen down for one.

Chogokin

figuarts pacman

Proplica pacman

Preordered the first 2 as thay are pretty reasonably priced that figuarts is like 2000 yen it's a damn bargain for the quality. The chogokin i'm getting now because they have a horrible habit of exploding in price once they sell out, the proplica i'm still unsure of. Never understood why stuff like funko is so popular when you can get figuarts stuff for around the same price and the quality jump is huge plus it's poseable too.

Still curious though why all of a sudden there's pacman stuff been released did he have a anniversairy that i somehow missed? am i about to discover that there's loads of glorious pac merch to buy? lol
                        Last edited by importaku; 13-01-2021, 16:41.

Comment

Is it easy to order from Amazon.jp if you've only got a UK account?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Is it easy to order from Amazon.jp if you've only got a UK account?
                            You have to make a new account there but it's easy to do. Shipping charges can be nasty, or at least they were when I last used it. But it's an easy setup.

Comment

To use Amazon Japan you'd need to make a new account, where amazon usa and europe share the same accounts. Japan is kind of a separate entity the other thing is in general a lot of stuff will not ship direct. Books dvds and music cds will ship ok but anything outside of that is a bit random. Some gaming stuff will happily ship abroad and other times it's restricted to japan only. Not sure on figures but i'm guessing same rules will apply, only applies to stuff been sold by amazon directly too. The marketplace sellers are 99% will ship to japan only there are the very rare ones that will do international shipping but i could count on one hand the times i have seen that.

For myself i just use a middleman it saves so much hassle trying to figure out if someone will ship or not to the uk, sure it's not always the most cost effective way but having full access to the marketplace as well as most stuff on amazon japan is fantastic. There are things you'd never be able to get hold of outside of japan unless you had someone there to get it for you.

Comment

Couple of recent kit builds. The RG Eva is a total beaut of a kit. Wonderful to build and great quality. The base on the custom gunpla is from Bandai's 30 Minute Mission range. Looks great despite my sloppy paint job. Turns out in my late thirties I have quite shaky hands. I think it started during a suicidally anxious period I had a year or so ago and never left. Anyway, recommended base for any painted kits you're doing!

Comment

Working...
                                X