No announcement yet.

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those mini capsule machines are so cool. Do the balls actually drop out of them?

Comment

Sadly not, although like with other models there are people in japan that have modded that mini gashapon kit so the capsules do come out when you turn the handle. There are a series of mini gashapon machines a bit bigger that do fully work, funnily enough they come from gashapon machines themselves almost like it's giving birth lol, they are usually pokemon ones although i have seen keroro & onepiece ones along with a few other series.

Comment

I swear I've got a gachapon toy that I got from a gachapon machine when in Japan that actually vends little gachapon toys!

Unlike Neil, I'm glad there are no gachapon units with the amount of cool stuff you can get in Japan. I'd be bankrupt throwing my money away into these machines every week!

I've got a box of them that I brought back with me...

Comment

Hehe gashaception

I love that in Japan you can find entire shops that are nothing but gashapon machines from wall to wall. A truly wonderous thing, especially for the weird selection of stuff that you can get from them. Some of the series they have are very odd indeed, there are youtube channels devoted to people going around and just buying stuff from them.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Hehe gashaception.
            Love that! Imagine if the toy that came out of the gachapon toy that came from the gachapon machine was a smaller gachapon toy?!

I took this photo in the Bandai Museum (RIP) in Tokyo.

It was an entire wall of Gachapon machines.
            As a grown man, I had trouble not running around squealing with joy!

Comment

Hnnnnngh (quivers uncontrollably)

Comment

For reference purposes, here's the two-storey-high 1:1 scale Gundam figure, also at the museum.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Love that! Imagine if the toy that came out of the gachapon toy that came from the gachapon machine was a smaller gachapon toy?!

I took this photo in the Bandai Museum (RIP) in Tokyo.

It was an entire wall of Gachapon machines.
                  As a grown man, I had trouble not running around squealing with joy!

For reference purposes, here's the two-storey-high 1:1 scale Gundam figure, also at the museum.

Damn you both to hell...you & Importaku all you are currently doing is making me wish I could be in Japan, never ever been & tbh doubt I'll ever make it there but man how I'd love to.
                  That all looks so awesome.

I might have a look at those Youtube vids that show people buying stuff from them, could be fun in a weird sort of way.

In non Japan related news I had notice from Sideshow yesterday that my Green with Envy Poison Ivy Premium Format Statue will be in stock in 13 days so will be here before Christmas...unlike my MP21 Bumblebee which seems to be stuck in Preparation limbo with Nippon-Yassan (been that way since the 1st)

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                    tbh doubt I'll ever make it there but man how I'd love to.
                    Odaiba Gundam beckons.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      Odaiba Gundam beckons.

You're not helping

Comment

That's one big ass gundam, i was thinking hmm wonder if it's lifesized then i saw the teeny tiny person. Now all Japan needs to go is develop technology to power and make that thing move like a real one.

I'm slightly weird though as i'd be making my way to the Nissin cup noodle museum, look at that monster hahahaaa

Oh Japan, never change.

Comment

If it helps, Neil, the Bandai Museum closed down so you can be happy you don't have to go.

Or, I suppose, completely gutted you'll never get to see it.

Am I helping?

Comment

If it helps, Neil, the Bandai Museum closed down so you can be happy you don't have to go.

Or, I suppose, completely gutted you'll never get to see it.

Am I helping?
                            No definitely the latter, knowing no matter what happens I'll never get to experience that Bandai museum is a sad moment

Comment

Is this not the most glorious thing you have ever seen, Nissin every few years hold a competition to win a noodle timer they are little robots that keep you entertained for 3 minutes while your cup noodle cooks. There are quite a few designs and each one has a different personallity.

Cup noodle transformers anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                                You're not helping
                                Here, here, have a Testujin 28 (Kobe)

That's one big ass gundam, i was thinking hmm wonder if it's lifesized then i saw the teeny tiny person. Now all Japan needs to go is develop technology to power and make that thing move like a real one.
                                It is 1:1, and there's an ongoing worldwide contest to give it limited movement capabilities . They are also planning to get a 1:1 Zaku II (Char's custom) along the RX-78-2.

Comment

Working...
                                X