Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Is this not the most glorious thing you have ever seen, Nissin every few years hold a competition to win a noodle timer they are little robots that keep you entertained for 3 minutes while your cup noodle cooks. There are quite a few designs and each one has a different personallity.

Cup noodle transformers anyone?
    Oh dear that's so awesome

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    Here, here, have a Testujin 28 (Kobe)

It is 1:1, and there's an ongoing worldwide contest to give it limited movement capabilities . They are also planning to get a 1:1 Zaku II (Char's custom) along the RX-78-2.
    That Tetsujin is bonkers.

Man if they could get that Gundam moving that would be unreal.
    I'd love to see them tackle the Char's & RX-78 as well those would be awesome.

So finally Nippo-Yassan have shipped my Bumblebee.
    Should be here early next week now.

Comment

Thanks to the eternal kindness of Yakumo, i managed to get hold of a cup noodle robot of my very own. Harder to get hold of than normal stuff due to them only been prizes but i look forward to having my own personal transformer cup noodle robot timer, the collector in me would love the other 4 models they released but they are quite old and they are really expensive to get hold of.

Transformers, cup noodle in disguise.
      Cup noodle, it's more than meets the eye

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        It is 1:1, and there's an ongoing worldwide contest to give it limited movement capabilities . They are also planning to get a 1:1 Zaku II (Char's custom) along the RX-78-2.
        If you are referring to the Gundam, it already has limited movement capabilities. My daughter peed in her pants when it 'activated' and started looking around. The vents and thrusters blast out loads of steam, the eyes and chest light up and it starts looking up/down/around.

The centre of the chest also had a screen that was airing episodes of the cartoon (which were also projected onto the face of the shops behind).

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
          If you are referring to the Gundam, it already has limited movement capabilities. My daughter peed in her pants when it 'activated' and started looking around. The vents and thrusters blast out loads of steam, the eyes and chest light up and it starts looking up/down/around.
          A less limited than that, like moving arms.

Comment

Well another project to add to the list, seems that the mini taiko no tatsujin plamo kit has enough space to be modded inside, i'm not going to goto the extreme of the person in the video but i can add leds, and hopefuly find a digital photo frame to replace the screen stickers. Give it the look of the real thing, my figures can have it to play on hehe.

It's a pretty cool feat
            今更だけど筐体プラモにイロイロ突っ込んでみた 太鼓の達人[初代]編 [技術・工作] アレを見たとき これしかないと思った。本当にやりたかったのはラスト2分のみ。単品であげる勇気が...

Comment

I've just been up the loft and brought down my bag of Gachapon toys but there's no machine in there.

No idea where that is, but plenty of other cool tat in there!

Comment

There better be pics coming or so help me lol.

Comment

Really jealous of all the people who've had the chance to see the full-size Gundam.

I visited the one at FujiQ Amusement Park, which is laid on its back in a hangar, but the standing one started construction 6 months after I left.

Comment

Took a trip into my mum's attic at the weekend to dig out some old toys to pass on to my kids. Brought down a huge bag of Star Wars figures for them and gave them all a good wash. Some interesting ones in there like Shadows of the Empire figures and other EU oddities. I have some really pretty stuff in my attic I really need to take pics of for you guys but for now here are a couple of guys who ended up stowing away with the Star Wars figures...

Comment

Yay pepsiman shuwaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        There better be pics coming or so help me lol.
                        Well, seeing as you asked so nicely threateningly!

Here's the stuff I rescued from the loft. Most of it is from my trip to Japan in 2006.
                        I bought gachapon toys from most places I went to and tried to buy different series to avoid duplicates.
                        Some I got from the Bandai Museum, a couple from a little place at the end of Akihabara and various other stops on my trip from Tokyo to Fukuoka and back.

The only stuff not from my trip was these Transformers Myclone figures. I've got Optimus and Megatron knocking around somewhere, but my wife hid these and my Godzilla figure pushing over Fukuoka Tower. Anyway:
                        [hide][/hide]

Here's Bumblebee and Soundwave from the Transformers History Collection:
                        [hide][/hide]

Some Macross figures:
                        [hide][/hide]

Here are some tiny Gundam figures with their own stands:
                        [hide][/hide]

Here's the main bunch of Gundam gachapon figures. Some have clear stands, some are jointed, but most are figures that stand on their own in a set pose:
                        [hide][/hide]

Some SD Gundam figures that are surprisingly detailed:
                        [hide][/hide]

Assorted tat. Godzilla, Ultraman, Akira, Spider-Man, Mazinger Z, Bruce Lee and Pac-Man:
                        [hide][/hide]

Micro console stuff. A couple of working LCD arcade games, a Nintendo Disc System, Sega Mark III and a Mega CD. These last three are great because they come with little controllers, CDs, stickers and cartridges:
                        [hide][/hide]

Finally, a shot of all the little leaflets that came with them all:
                        [hide][/hide]

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Well, seeing as you asked so nicely threateningly!

Here's the stuff I rescued from the loft. Most of it is from my trip to Japan in 2006.
                          I bought gachapon toys from most places I went to and tried to buy different series to avoid duplicates.
                          Some I got from the Bandai Museum, a couple from a little place at the end of Akihabara and various other stops on my trip from Tokyo to Fukuoka and back.

The only stuff not from my trip was these Transformers Myclone figures. I've got Optimus and Megatron knocking around somewhere, but my wife hid these and my Godzilla figure pushing over Fukuoka Tower. Anyway:
                          [hide][/hide]

Here's Bumblebee and Soundwave from the Transformers History Collection:
                          [hide][/hide]

Some Macross figures:
                          [hide][/hide]

Here are some tiny Gundam figures with their own stands:
                          [hide][/hide]

Here's the main bunch of Gundam gachapon figures. Some have clear stands, some are jointed, but most are figures that stand on their own in a set pose:
                          [hide][/hide]

Some SD Gundam figures that are surprisingly detailed:
                          [hide][/hide]

Assorted tat. Godzilla, Ultraman, Akira, Spider-Man, Mazinger Z, Bruce Lee and Pac-Man:
                          [hide][/hide]

Micro console stuff. A couple of working LCD arcade games, a Nintendo Disc System, Sega Mark III and a Mega CD. These last three are great because they come with little controllers, CDs, stickers and cartridges:
                          [hide][/hide]

Finally, a shot of all the little leaflets that came with them all:
                          [hide][/hide]

I WANT those TF Myclone figures SO bad, they look so many kinds of awesome

That is a whole heap of cool stuff, the Micro consoles are pretty sweet too.

Neil

Comment

Cheers QC those are some smashing gashapon figures you have i loved that you hid the pics so it was like i was doing a gashapon experience hehe, you should think about getting them into a display cabinet you have enough to make a wonderful display.

Thanks for sharing

Comment

A shot of the upcoming Jet Set Radio statue from First4

And a sketch of the design that next years Kotobukiya 1/6 ArtFX statue of The Flash will be using

Comment

First4Figures also put up X for order yesterday and he looks awesome!

Also my Tsume Zoro is due to ship and Tsume have put up a video on how to put him together, OH MY GOD lol.

1. It's way bigger than i expected, comes in 2 boxes! LOOK AT IT!!
                                2. It looks ****ing amazing, as usual Tsume are bang on the proto!
                                3. I LOVE Tsume so much for putting the extra base in, really didn't want to have to leave a whole Zoro in the box!

Just love everything about Tsume and everything they are doing, i really feel they are pushing what can be done and Zoro is an amazing example of this. I can't wait to see what they do with Dragon Ball Z next year!

Pics of mine as soon as he turns up, hopefully before X-mas. Not had a lot recently, all my funds going into PO's, i had a couple of Bowen pieces last week, probably my last 2 of the year unless Zoro comes, will throw pics up soonish
                                Last edited by NeoDragoN; 10-12-2014, 23:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X