This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    The look on my friends face when I gave him a ps4 for his bday.
    Does he really need one for the bathroom?

Comment

I expect a PS4 to be delivered by courier in two days time to my house, courtesy of you, QC.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Finally got myself a PAL copy of my favourite anime series on DVD! Stoked, I haven't seen the second season or movie yet so once I get the movie on DVD I'm gonna do a chronological watch of every episode.
        What series?

Comment

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya!

Comment

Haha classic man, I loved that too. Still have some of the first run of Figmas sealed up, I recall we discussed their value once.

Great series. Did you ever try that music game they released based on it? I'm assuming it was bobbins.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              I expect a PS4 to be delivered by courier in two days time to my house, courtesy of you, QC.
              We were talking about PS4 gifts for friends not 'ends.
              Besides I've never had the chance to meat/meet your sister/cat, I've never aggrieved you.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya!
              Knowing you, I presume this is hentai, so please don't post any adult links.
              Actually, I was going to joke that it was a really bad series, but I don't know that many anime shows so was going to say something like My Little Pony Z.

What is the Melon Caulie of Harry SuziPerry all about then, Speedo?

Comment

Your jokes aggrieve me every day, skank. A PS4 is the BARE MINIMUM of compensation required.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                  Your jokes aggrieve me every day, skank. A PS4 is the BARE MINIMUM of compensation required.
                  Fair enough, mate.

I'll get this Playstation 4 in the post for you tomorrow.

[hide][/hide]

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    What is the Melon Caulie of Harry SuziPerry all about then, Speedo?

Haruhi is all about Haruhi. Haruhi is unwillingly god. She doesn't know it, but she is. When she becomes bored, crazy things happen. Therefore, it is up to Kyon to keep her constantly occupied so that she doesn't do anything too drastic. The support characters along the way are supernatural, but you wouldn't know this if it wasn't directly told to you.

Part of the brilliance of the show is that the airing order was mixed up, so it isn't immediately clear what is going on. If you watch it chronically then the entire bulk of the show is pretty much done in 6-7 episodes and the rest is just filler.

I originally downloaded and watched the show in 06, once it had finished airing and the first episode in terms of the broadcast order being around episode 11-12 in the chronological order really threw me. Of course, I've watched it in both orders and season 2 also ties into this concept as I understand, as does the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Fair enough, mate.

I'll get this Playstation 4 in the post for you tomorrow.

[hide][/hide]
                      Toasty!

Comment

I'm joking, of course. I could never afford a PS4, but I've got you a PS3.

[hide][/hide]

Comment

I'll hold you to that. If that doesn't turn up on Thursday I'm going to send you the contents of my cat's litter tray by special delivery.

Comment

A new job has brought a massive smile to my face today! I'm no longer a Tester, I'm a Technical Test Engineer. Bin Man to Waster Disposal Technician I know.

I've had an odd career so far in my 30 year history. Left College after only a few months, started in games testing and that led to tools testing, then design before I got made redundant and decided to leave games and work in software as I had enough of companies going under after 1 failed project. I've worked in software testing for nearly 3 years now, testing iOS apps, CMS's and various server side stuff and I'm paid a damn site better than games ever did. But I've been a bit worried about our company recently for various reasons, then an offer landed in my lap.

It took 3 weeks of 2 phone interviews, 1 online test and one 2 hour long face to face interview but I got offered the role of a Technical Test Engineer today! It's close to where my Wife works, is less miles to drive in, has great benefits, I'll learn so much more and I'm paid around 60% more than my current role. Seriously, I'm so damn happy right now!

Although now comes the hard bit, handing in my 4 week notice tomorrow and saying goodbye to my friends here.

Comment

Nice one man!

I had an interview for a team leader position where I work last Monday. Felt it went fairly well but I'm sort of assuming that I won't get the position given their history of recruiting externally. Still, better to try than to accept defeat.

Comment

Thanks Speedy!

Yep, never accept defeat and always remain positive. I've always looked on with suspicion at people who think they're the greatest or the best worker ever. There's always someone who's better than you, prepared to learn more, work harder, work for less money and a whole host of other parameters that you've never thought of! If you just go in for the interview, be yourself and tell them what you know, there's a chance they'll pick you.

Best of luck for the job!

Comment

Working...
                                X