Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished work at 3pm today after the horror of yesterday's drive.

Checked into my hotel. Been for a wander around Newcastle city centre and am now currently enjoying a pint of Red Stripe next to the Millennium Bridge. Not bad.

Last edited by teddymeow; 26-08-2015, 17:14.

Comment

How does it not spill at that angle!?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        How does it not spill at that angle!?
        I have no idea why it's posted at a 90 degree rotation. Grr!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          I have no idea why it's posted at a 90 degree rotation. Grr!!
          Don't worry, I'm sure I'm not the only one tilting my head to compensate.

Comment

Comment

This GIF gets me every time.

Comment

Have had a whole load of gripes piling up lately, but went to the irk thread and read about Colin going suit shopping, and now I'm smiling. Sorry pal, but you've at least brightened my day somewhat.

Comment

I'm taking severance from my work place to pursue a new career.

Last week I attended an interview and got a job with a 3.5k pay rise. My work then wouldn't let me leave early and I lost the job offer. I was a wreck as I didn't think I'd have a better chance.

I attended another interview yesterday, and they called me back first thing this morning to offer me the job. Now I have a 4.5k pay rise!

Alongside the 9k severance package I get, I get to go straight back into work and bank the money!

Also, MGSV may be on my doorstep at home, and I'm going to Tenerife next week.

Hopefully my life is about to take a positive turn. I'm
                  Going to enjoy it while it lasts

Comment

Wow, nice! That's a pretty fantastic result after what must of been a bit of a kick in the gut (although that alone was a good sign).

Comment

Yeah, it was positive in itself, but I couldn't see that at the time. I attended 4 interviews and was offered 3 of them, and was runner up in the fourth. In hindsight I did better than I could have expected! Going into a new career is daunting and there always the worry that you don't know enough/not ready- but I'm really happy with finally having the balls to take the chance.

Comment

That's what it takes. Well done and good luck with it!

Comment

Great news. ?? always sweetens.

Comment

I tweeted out that I had left my wallet at home today and wouldn't be able to buy lunch. My friend came into my workplace with a Sainsbury's meal deal and a few chocolate bars - outright refused I pay him back too.

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

A new phenomenon is born - twitterscrounging!

J/K of course, it's obviously a genuine act of goodwill.

If it sets a trend though... you heard it here first lol

Comment

Working...
                                X