• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither.

Comment

Curious as to what it is now...

Comment

And if it is worth the price of a suitcase to post?

Comment

A body.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
            A body.

That's exactly what my old dear said when she rang me!

Comment

Just hope there isn't a note inside it saying the seller wants the case back!

Why oh, why would you use a suitcase as a box the mind boggles, the weight alone would up the postage.

Comment

I hope the seller hasn't said what the combination is so you have to try them all one by one to open the case

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                  You'd be surprised how often this approach works compared to the meek, hat in hand, polite laugh at a crap joke, "please sir can I have some more?" style that most interviewees come in with. If they ask to progress your application tell them you will only consider it if they add X amount onto the specified salary then politely hang the phone up.
                  Funnily enough, the laissez-faire approach to the interview and subsequent task might have put me in the running for the job that I actually want. I got my polite rejection e-mail today and they mentioned that I'd been a shortlisted candidate who had interviewed "impressively". They even thanked me for being so prepared for it, when the reality is that I just walked in with no prep done at all and treated it like a conversation. Even the task that I spent a quick hour on last Saturday afternoon reviewed really well, when I felt like I'd just submitted something hurried and off the cuff instead of something carefully prepared. The best part is that I lost out to a guy on our department whose visa depended on staying there, so at least he's safe.

At the end of the day today, the manager who interviewed me pulled me to one side and said that he'd had a word with the manager hiring for the job I want, so I've been "strongly advised" to apply as there's a good chance I'll get it. I'm a bit stunned and amused. I'm not safe yet, but going home with that knowledge is definitely preferable to the doom and gloom that has been surrounding our team recently.

We've got a two-hour team lunch tomorrow as well, as someone else on our department got a new job reasonably quickly and has managed to avoid redundancy. Not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                    I hope the seller hasn't said what the combination is so you have to try them all one by one to open the case

Or just poke a biro in the zip

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                      Funnily enough, the laissez-faire approach to the interview and subsequent task might have put me in the running for the job that I actually want. I got my polite rejection e-mail today and they mentioned that I'd been a shortlisted candidate who had interviewed "impressively". They even thanked me for being so prepared for it, when the reality is that I just walked in with no prep done at all and treated it like a conversation. Even the task that I spent a quick hour on last Saturday afternoon reviewed really well, when I felt like I'd just submitted something hurried and off the cuff instead of something carefully prepared. The best part is that I lost out to a guy on our department whose visa depended on staying there, so at least he's safe.

At the end of the day today, the manager who interviewed me pulled me to one side and said that he'd had a word with the manager hiring for the job I want, so I've been "strongly advised" to apply as there's a good chance I'll get it. I'm a bit stunned and amused. I'm not safe yet, but going home with that knowledge is definitely preferable to the doom and gloom that has been surrounding our team recently.

We've got a two-hour team lunch tomorrow as well, as someone else on our department got a new job reasonably quickly and has managed to avoid redundancy. Not bad.
                      Part in bold is a win/win for all parties, top result.

Overall its all good in the hood as your attitude defines your latitude and in the modern farce that is the employment game we see the ghosts of the old plantation are present and strong with most of the throng preferring to be what brother Malcolm called the House Negro with a select few these days playing the Field role...

For those that don't know:

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        So I bought a console and games from a guy but had them delivered to my old dears place as I knew I wouldn't be in. Got a concerned message from her today as there had been a weird delivery, which she then sent me a photo of, I guess for some people a box is too simplistic a packaging solution.......

Comment

News (hoax) about david jason dying and someone put in comments to it

Don't think so - a new series of Open All Hours is planned

I cannot argue with that logic

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            So I bought a console and games from a guy but had them delivered to my old dears place as I knew I wouldn't be in. Got a concerned message from her today as there had been a weird delivery, which she then sent me a photo of, I guess for some people a box is too simplistic a packaging solution.......

Sure someone is not coming over to stay and just posted their luggage in advance ?

Comment

Them crazy chemical reactions!

This one is like The Thing:

This one looks like a portal - TO HELL!
                              Keep watching for Cthulhu to appear! :SCARED:

Comment

Why is this in the smiles thread, QC? WHY?!!! I'll never sleep again.

Comment

Working...
                                X