X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spooky Chews. Who remembers these?

Comment

Don't remember those DT.

randombs, here in UK The Post Office will want to see your purchase receipt before buying back, can't speak for other retailers.

Comment

Thanks, VR. I'll call a few and confirm with them. I guess it would make sense to drum up business because their rate is so close to the actual rate.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
          Don't remember those DT.

randombs, here in UK The Post Office will want to see your purchase receipt before buying back, can't speak for other retailers.
          I think he means to straight exchange, not buy back. In which case you don't need a receipt. I doubt you'd want them to give you the exchange rate it was when you bought the yen.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            Shameless hijack. If you don't like it, the irk thread would love to hear from you:

Hey, when travel exchanges talk about buying back foreign currency, do I have to have bought that currency from them in the first place(i.e. be an existing customer) or do they buy back from anyone?

I'm deciding whether to transfer money to my UK account to use on my visit there or to just take cash and exchange it at a London branch.

Right now it's ~187Yen to the Pound. The best buy-back rates(~190Y/pound) are better than the Japan post office rate(~194Y/pound on account of fees at both ends) and I wouldn't have to traipse there in the cold and lose a lunch break.
            The best rate I found anywhere was in when The Travelex, downstairs in Narita airport
            just off the nex it was a hell of a lot higher than anywhere in the UK. I think at the time I got like ?1 = ?155 when it was ?1 = ?180 in the UK. That was when the official rate was about ?145 to a pound, I got like ?310 when I would have only got about ?250 if I had waited to get back to blighty

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              I think he means to straight exchange, not buy back. In which case you don't need a receipt. I doubt you'd want them to give you the exchange rate it was when you bought the yen.
              VR understood, as do you. I was thinking some places would buy back the foreign currency they sold you but not just buy foreign currency outright.

I called a company today that looks good and they buy yen regardless. Their rate is only 2Y higher than the actual rate which seems quite small but I realised they profit when they sell that currency to someone else as well.

Comment

Just changed my Fibre from Sky to BT and am now paying ?10 less than I was.

Comment

New SRW, the final chapter in the Z series coming to PS3 and Vita in April.

Comment

Monkey rides motorcycle.

Comment

Changing USB port for the LAN adapter on the Wii U brought the adapter back to life.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                        Changing USB port for the LAN adapter on the Wii U brought the adapter back to life.
                        Unofficial though? Ewww!

Comment

I actually prefer my unofficial Nyko adapter to Nintendo's official because it has Tx and Rx LEDs for activity.

Comment

Yeah, my Official one is kinda lifeless. Very Nintendo like.

Comment

That thread of JAPJAC's. I decided to Google it for a laugh...he put the thing on his youtube over 4 years ago.
                              I have an odd urge to duct tape a bunch of things together and parody a new Nintendo console. But I'd spend the next year getting the glue off.

Comment

Which one? About the CPS changer?

Comment

Working...
                                X