Advice on a shelf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on a shelf!

I need to put a shelf up on my wall to hold 3 record cubes. (I'm out of space on my cubes in living area)
    My measurements approx. are 115 cm x 36cm Depth. (which is slightly overhang on length, and 2 cm on depth)

I've done a bit of googling on made to measure shelves and so far, everything has ran in to over a ?100 for this.

Is that right?....any advice appreciated....
    Last edited by ShadowDancer; 16-03-2015, 12:48.

Well, firstly shelve is a verb so I'll assume you want a shelf ;-)

?100 seems like a lot of money for one shelf. What's it made of? Apple Watches?

Comment

GRAMMARPOCALYPSE!

Comment

Oops, sorry, changed to shelf...

Comment

Just need a wooden shelf....with them measurements. Nothing fancy.

Comment

Sorted, after lots of googling, found somewhere. Thanks!

Comment

Have you checked the IKEA website Shadow, may be able to get something pretty close to that for a lot cheaper.

EDIT I type slowly!

Comment

Here is some advice on a shelf:

[hide][/hide]

Comment

I think I managed to somehow find on-line shops where they were just costing a fortune. I found somewhere in the UK for ?12 Plus & Shipping.
                  ?20. I'll check ikea, Thank You, But if not, ?20 will do. Its only to hold cubes & records.

Comment

Depends on the sort of thing you are looking for but the most basic shelf with some strength (the records can be a bit weighty) would just be the length of wood and probably 3 decent sized brackets.
                    Next best job instead of brackets is a batten of wood that runs the length of the shelf, it's a lot neater in most cases.
                    The absolute neatest look is the "floating" shelf where you fix the inner metal rods to the wall then slot the shelf over that.

Comment

I was just going to buy 3 brackets, left, right and centre....

Comment

Yeah that's the cheapest and easiest method. Your initial quote of over ?100 was crazy for that!
                        I did the same thing only last month - nearly 2m of wood and brackets was about a tenner in Homebase. Home delivery would be a few quid if you can't fit that in a car.

Comment

I would be grateful on advice on what brackets to buy for a shelf 115 cm x 36cm......

My uncle will put it up for me, I'm a painter, but rubbish at DIY save painting...

Comment

Don't be so hard on yourself! All part of the learning process
                            I would go for a 25cm bracket for that (think that is the biggest size), something like this - Link

Comment

And thought this was a thread about a 30-something gamer who worries about his lack of relationships and whether he's gonna be left on the shelf.

And where he can display his Amiibos.

Comment

Working...
                              X