Moving back to england

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving back to england

So been living in ireland for about 10 years decided want to move back just wanted to check a few things

Whats the job situation like now ?

With welfare how does that work do you get rent allowance?

Is it easy to register for a national insurance number ( i have one but the wife does not)

I'd wait until after the election Steven. If the Selfish and Braindeads vote this Government in again, I'd stay well away.

Comment

Well i would say given the choice and compared to the goverment in ireland it would be the lesser of evils

Comment

I'll have to take your word for that

Comment

Hoping the broadband is better there any recommendations would help cheers

Comment

Go to Australia or Canada fella.

Comment

The state is turning England into a prison, stay in Ireland.

Comment

Prison-state England or the comic yet devastating buffoonery of Ireland. Tough choice. Have you considered New Zealand?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Go to Australia or Canada fella.
                  i looked into doing this myself last year, but it's got alot more difficult to get a Visa in recent years it seems. Unless you're classified as skilled labour, in which case they just email you and simply say "GET IN".
                  Last edited by dave heats; 26-03-2015, 15:16.

Comment

What things count as skilled labour?

Comment

Edited to say "last year" not last week

I downloaded the Visa requirements off the Aussie immigration site a while back, but I seem to remember it's the usual mix of doctors, nurses, architects, teachers etc but also a huge requirement of construction workers, carpenters, mechanics etc. Each region has it's own quota for each profession.

Unfortunately as a lowly graphic designer it's not particularly skilled or needed...by anyone.

Comment

I am none of those thing, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          I am none of those thing, unfortunately.
                          Worth checking the comprehensive list chap if you are remotely interested. Can be found on here:
                          Home Affairs brings together Australia's federal law enforcement, national and transport security, criminal justice, emergency management, multicultural affairs, settlement services and immigration and border-related functions, working together to keep Australia safe.

I'd also recommend going to a Down Under Live expo if you're curious about moving out there. You can get free CV / Qualifications reviews, advice and get put in contact with potential employers etc.

It's definitely do-able even if you aren't on the skilled labour list...but the days of unqualified English people moving over there on a ?5 plane ticket bought by the Aussie government are long gone.

Comment

That's a pretty huge list. A lot more variety in there than I expect but, yes, a huge number of healthcare areas. None that I match but then I have to face it that, if there were a zombie apocalypse, my skills would be pretty useless. Most on this list are apocalypse jobs. Except for the computer ones.

Comment

If there are no computers during the apocalypse, how are we supposed to tweet about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X