Any Arcades or 'owt to do in Mancester?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Arcades or 'owt to do in Mancester?

I've got a week long training course in the fine city of Manchester in a few weeks - can anyone offer up any suggestions for things to do in the evenings that won't involve me drinking myself into a stupor?

I only know of the NAMCO arcade but that's at the Trafford Centre and not in the city.

If you like football the National footy museum is just outside Victoria Station. Chinatown could be worth a look, plenty of places to eat and Ho's Bakery does nice cakes.

Comment

I'll second Ho's Bakery in Chinatown, loads of nice goodies in there.. There used to be an arcade at the bottom of Oldham Street, just further down from Aflecks Palace. Aflecks Palace is worth a wander around, if you like you're vinyl then there are a few shops also on the same street as Aflecks worth a nosey.

You'll have no problem getting in a stupor though, there are bars everywhere!! Cheers

Comment

There used to be that arcade right by Picadilly gardens - well, it's still there in fact - but now it's all gamblers. Down at the back they used to have 3S and CvS2 on megalo clones, plus some other bits and bobs. Shame, as it was a great way to kill time if you were waiting for folk.

Comment

Can't you do what everyone else does in Manchester for entertainment and go scrumping...

...for cars

Comment

Cheers all. I'll let you know what I find.

Apparently there was something called 'gamerbase' in the basement of a HMV.. hmmm.....
            Last edited by k0pp0; 22-05-2015, 15:00.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
              Cheers all. I'll let you know what I find.

Apparently there was something called 'gamerbase' in the basement of a HMV.. hmmm.....
              Being the operative word there I'm afraid. When HMV got into trouble, the large store that held gamerbase in the lower level closed and they downsized to a much smaller store in the arndale centre.

The Trafford Centre, sorry Intu Trafford Centre (since the nazis running that company insisted that everything that once had the trafford centre written on it was reworded to have intu infront of it) is going to be everything a person wants from Manchester really.

Comment

Working...
              X