No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you meet on the set of a horror film?

Comment

Aww, Van, your parole hearing wasn’t that bad.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          She’s the make up artist, not the model.

Edit it to add a bit of blatant advertising for the two women on the site.

https://www.heathersnowie.com/
          There’s 2? Blimey when did that double?
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 31-08-2018, 06:58.

Comment

The 29ft giant inflatable, bought by protesters, shows the London mayor wearing a yellow bikini.

Anti-Trump Balloon people have made a Sadiq Khan balloon.

"If people want to spend their Saturday looking at me in a yellow bikini they're welcome to do so. I don't really think yellow's my colour though."

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
              https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-45352622

Anti-Trump Balloon people have made a Sadiq Khan balloon.

"If people want to spend their Saturday looking at me in a yellow bikini they're welcome to do so. I don't really think yellow's my colour though."

I like his response

Comment

Man, he'll be secretly seething at the slight association to Trump this brings to his name

Comment

iTunes Match.

After pondering the various monthly subscription services like Spotify, Google Play Music and Apple's own Apple Music, it dawned on me that I don't necessarily need access to an unlimited supply of music. I have around 70GB, a lot of which I haven't even listened to. Ever since I moved from iPod to iPhone I've limited myself to a selection of music that has remained largely unchanged over the years.

So after reading up on the gotchas(of which there are few), I took the plunge subscribed to iTunes Match for the princely sum of 22 Great British pounds per year. I'm experiencing a mixture of nostalgia and discovery.

It matched 5000/8000 songs. Whether the matched versions are better/worse/different remains to be seen, but there are nearly 1000 with bitrates at or under 160kb/s which I can replace with DRM-free* 256kb/s AAC files. Not to mention, the occasional dodgy rips that occasionally skip a beat have been replaced with perfect versions. Also, my playlists are intact so I don't have to go searching for stuff.

It's like my Mac iTunes is in my pocket!

* Apple Music replaces songs with DRM-locked versions that stop working when you cancel your subscription.

Comment

Got an interview for a job next Wednesday.

Comment

Suspecting every new member is Shozuki.

Comment

That you can still get a Burger King bacon double cheeseburger on the cheap. My Arriva bus tickets have vouchers on the back whereby you can get a BDC and small fries for £1.99. Today I went in, they were swapping the fries over, I got a larger than large portion and they were proper lush.

I remember back in early 1998, BK were doing this offer where you got a BDC for 98p because it had just gone 1998. That's 20yrs ago. Granted, they're a bit smaller these days but they still taste well nice, I know time might have taken slight tolls with the size and the bun is a tad drier than back in the day but to say I can get a BK BDC & fries for £1.99 I find pretty smile-inducing.

Comment

Bacon double cheese is my favourite! The onion rings from BK and the hash browns are good too!
                          If they did em for 98p again I'd buy a disgusting amount!

Comment

I always always always get a super size XL bacon double cheese meal when I'm at Waterloo. They do other burgers but it's become tradition!

Comment

I tend to get the large XL bacon cheeseburger meals as a treat once or twice a month. I only get that burger, too, if I'm getting a meal there, so much food, you're full after the XL and it's always a lovely burger.

But they got some nice-looking new burgers on offer at the mo, that double quarter pounder looks nice...

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Suspecting every new member is Shozuki.
                                Has every new member been bragging about their Arsenal season tickets and imaginary harem?

Comment

Working...
                                X