No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...we finished moving our stuff in last night.

Here's how the timeline went:
    Thursday
    5pm - walk through and key collection. move cat, air mattress and sleeping bags into new place.
    6pm - pick up 10' Uhaul van ->630pm
    7pm - ? pm/am - load everything into van. -> 9pm-3am
    ? pm/am - park van somewhere it won't get stolen (yeah I just don't trust anyone these days) - left it there.
    Slept in new apartment on deflated air mattress at 330am, up at 8am for work.

Friday
    12pm - walk through of old apartment (not expecting much back from my $350 deposit 7 years ago) - manager rescheduled for 1230 and was then 40 minutes late.
    1pm - drive van to new place - 1:45pm
    2pm - get access to loading dock. unload van into loading dock of new place. move everything from loading dock to new apartment.- yup
    5pm - drive van back to Uhaul lot. get back to apartment somehow. spend long weekend unpacking. - got back to uhaul at 5:30pm
    And hooked up the internet!
    Now if only the HSBC Canada website wasn't terribad and would let me update my address we'd be set.

Comment

Edit... Is that the deposit in Canada? It's a lot more here I'm sure you know.

I've had the misfortune to use three different inflatable mattresses that all burst over the course of a few days in the last year in two different places. It was an emergency situation.

About Burger King... All I can remember is they used to let you smoke in there years ago.

On that topic, I thought McDonald's Filets were always cod it even used to say it on the box. But I don't think they are anymore but the price is still the same. I only mention it because there's really not much I can eat from there anyway.
      Last edited by monel; 02-09-2018, 05:28.

Comment

Played the first Underwater scene thing in VR Worlds last night after a couple of drinks. It was awesome and I nearly cried seeing the flapflap manta rays!

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
          Edit... Is that the deposit in Canada? It's a lot more here I'm sure you know.
          That was the deposit for the ****hole I used to live in during the previous economic crunch in 2010/11, when the rent was $825/month. I did also have to pay a non-refundable $250 pet deposit.

Here in our new place the deposit was $1000 plus $350 non-refundable pet fee and the rent is $1300.

Comment

Fascinated by the q& a on Argos. Some so vague and dumb. This one re: a Kindle

"Other than eread"

That's the question

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Fascinated by the q& a on Argos. Some so vague and dumb. This one re: a Kindle

"Other than eread"

That's the question
              I have to laugh at some Amazon Q&A sections when you get answers like:
              "I don't have this product, so I can't help answer your question."

Comment

Stuffed vine leaves, olives, humus and pita bread. Mm mmm. Love the Mediterranean diet.

Comment

After entering sooo many competitions/giveaways over the years and i have won a few small prizes like games and computer case I have finally won something pretty big got the limited edition 8086k Intel processor, which would be a major improvement on my 4690k.

Of course only draw back is i would need to get a motherboard and ram but still with the processor taken care off saves me a lot of money

Comment

For a second there, I thought you'd won one of these:

Comment

Cheese on toast topped with sliced piccolo tomatoes, a splash of worcester sauce and seasoning. The little extras make the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                        Cheese on toast topped with sliced piccolo tomatoes, a splash of worcester sauce and seasoning. The little extras make the difference.
                        That’s more like it. I don’t want to hear about humus again though, revolting stuff.

Comment

Everything about this thread has been great for pages. Well done people

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            That’s more like it. I don’t want to hear about humus again though, revolting stuff.
                            You don't like humus? That's crazy talk. I used to eat it almost every day in the middle east. Falafel, humus and salad in pita is one my favourite meals. It's cheap, tasty and nutritious.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              I don’t want to hear about humus again though, revolting stuff.
                              To paraphrase Dave Chappelle: if you don't like humus, summin' wrong wit you!

Humus in Japan isn't cheap so my wife makes it occasionally. So goooood.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                                You don't like humus? That's crazy talk. I used to eat it almost every day in the middle east. Falafel, humus and salad in pita is one my favourite meals. It's cheap, tasty and nutritious.
                                Ate it practically every day, if not every weekend as a treat growing up. Love the stuff!

I remember I had made myself a cooked chicken salad and houmous/ hummus/ humus sandwich for school and my best friend thought it would be cheeky to nick it out of my lunchbox before I got to it and take a bite. She was heaving for ages, she can't stand the stuff!

Another girl I knew I stayed over hers one weekend for the first time and we decided to get stuff for a picnic. My special things to include were smoked cheese and Humus. Weather turned bad so we ate it on the floor in her living room. She had not ever tried either and was converted that weekend. Spent the rest of the day playing Mischief Makers (which I had not got to play before) and Mario Kart 64 so a good day all round!
                                [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] loves it mixed with Lime pickle to dip into with tortilla chips.

Comment

Working...
                                X