Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    Falafel, humus and salad in pita is one my favourite meals.
    My favourite sandwich, right there. Bit of lemon juice on the salad. Lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
      You don't like humus? That's crazy talk. I used to eat it almost every day in the middle east. Falafel, humus and salad in pita is one my favourite meals. It's cheap, tasty and nutritious.
      Tastes like wallpaper paste, a flavourless gritty mush, you lot crack on

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Where did you eat it? Sounds like you had an isolated bad experience.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          To paraphrase Dave Chappelle: if you don't like humus, summin' wrong wit you!

Humus in Japan isn't cheap so my wife makes it occasionally. So goooood.
          Homemade is best, that way you get the taste and consistency to your liking. I like it very thick and strong, not too tart. Thick enough that crisps snap when dragged through it.

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
          ...houmous/ hummus/ humus....
          I'm often unsure which way to spell it too.

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          My favourite sandwich, right there. Bit of lemon juice on the salad. Lovely.
          Oh yeah.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          It's not to everyone's liking, certainly, but it ain't flavourless. Has a strong, distinct taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            Where did you eat it? Sounds like you had an isolated bad experience.
            Tried quite a few, hated it every time, my other half makes her own and it tastes revolting to me. Must just be me on that one.

Comment

I used to eat deep-fried balls made from ground chickpeas and fava beans.

It was nice at the time but afterwards, I'd falafel.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I used to eat deep-fried balls made from ground chickpeas and fava beans.

It was nice at the time but afterwards, I'd falafel.
                Humus be jokin!

Comment

Comment

Daughter got her first GCSE A* today, chuffed to bits.

Not bad for a thirteen year old.

Comment

Cool, that's early!

Comment

Thanks DT, yep it is early she got it in Japanese, we thought we'd take advantage of the fact she's been learning either in Japan or here at the 'official' Japanese schools on Saturday's.
                        All her mates at Japanese school here have done the same and all got A* as well which is a result.

Apparently our GCSE is equivalent to year 3 for Japanese kids, she might go for A level which is year 6 equivalent.

So whilst it's not as important as a science, maths or English qualification it could still come in useful for her so we are all very proud.

Comment

Part of my "Welcome" intro slideshow for the students at school is a little about what they can expect from me, notably:
                          outdated pop culture references (today was Star Wars ep3)
                          cheesy "Dad" jokes, highlight of the day being:
                          I love subtraction, but people keep telling me to stop being so negative.
                          I'm getting t-shirts made up.

Comment

I reckon I’d be like that on my bass after a bottle of wild t

Comment

I saw Charlie Chuck a few years ago and it wasn't much different tbh. More shouting of "Donkey!" though. The mad bastard.

Comment

Not only have MS made an adaptive controller with USB ports and 3.5mm jacks to hook up whatever you want/need to play, they've even considered the box itself.

The article mentions that setting the device up would require a bit of manual dexterity, meaning a caregiver would be there anyway, but this way the user gets to enjoy the unboxing process instead of having it done for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X