No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got free tix to 'Cinema Kabuki', kabuki in the cinema, for promising to attend it in kimono, whee

Comment

You know when you sit down on the toilet and you do a poo and it's touching the water before it's even detached itself from your arse? Everyone should experience that at least once in their lifetime.

Comment

That's called 'laying a trans-Ottlantic brown cable'.

Good work.

Comment

Got the letter from the CTO confirming my new position at work, starting on Monday. Really happy about it as it's a bit of a bump but also bricking it about living up to expectations and proving myself to a new manager all over again!

Comment

Congratulations Barrie.

Comment

After a truly shocking week at work where yesterday, as an example, I had 4 site visits planned and spent 8 1/2 hours on the first one and had to write off the others.

Arrived home tonight and Harry (now 16 weeks old?!) was laughing and giggling on his playmat. I walked into thelounge and he stopped, looked at me and the biggest grin spread across his face as he recognised me.

It's the most amazing feeling!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Congratulations Barrie.
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                  Got the letter from the CTO confirming my new position at work, starting on Monday. Really happy about it as it's a bit of a bump but also bricking it about living up to expectations and proving myself to a new manager all over again!
                  Awesome news dude. Glad you got it!

Today I worked (hopefully) the last shift until 11pm that I have to. Doing tills now (testing myself there) so I'll be finishing at times like 4pm and 8pm instead of bloody 11pm all week. It isn't much, but it means I'll have free time in the evening which I really need right now...

Comment

HMRC tax rebate

Comment

Well done on the new position, Barrie.

Comment

Comment

Thanks guys. Been trying to take my mind off of the idea of starting on Monday but getting trains for the last three days hasn't helped, nor has seeing work advertised on the sides of buses. Rather inescapable!

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          HMRC tax rebate
                          How do you get these? I've never had one but always been curious.
                          Last edited by Decider-VT; 24-10-2015, 19:11.

Comment

Finding $40 I had forgotten I had on the US version of the Xbox store.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              There's a new place opening in Birmingham on Saturday called "Tilt".

Craft beer, artisan coffee, cake and pinball machines!

I read that piece, looked at the pics...still have no idea where the hell that is. 37 years in Brum and still get confused

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                                How do you get these? I've never had one but always been curious.
                                If you know for sure you've been overtaxed (start a new job and get emergency taxed, for instance) you can phone them up and prompt them to look at it, in this case though they've written to me to advise I've overpaid. Not positive as I've not gone through the detail of it yet (paperwork's gone to my mum's place), but I know my tax codes went very wonky when I moved between jobs last - suspect it'll be down to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X