Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bed is arriving this weekend

Hilariously, a queen size mattress won’t fit in the lift so we had to buy two singles instead.

Can’t wait. We’ve been sleeping on the floor for nearly four years(futons for 3.5 years, mattress on the floor for the past four months).

We bought a Koala mattress but it’s a bit too soft so they’re picking it up(four month trial).

It’s got drawers in the bed frame for storage which is great, especially considering how relatively small our flat is.

Comment

Most of your anecdotes seem to revolve around you hopping in an out of bed, Randombs.

#playeeeer

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Most of your anecdotes seem to revolve around you hopping in an out of bed, Randombs.

#playeeeer
        randombedsituation

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
          @Colin: ah glad it's not just me who seems to pee every 2 hours or so (but only at night!?). I thought it might be be my BP meds but it's probably an enlarged prostrate... mine must be the size of a frickin' basketball!
          I have to go roughly every hour during the day, at night I'm hot too bad but if I don't go then I usually wake up early and bursting then it's a case of trying to snooze through the discomfort or get up have a pee then perhaps can't get back to sleep.

Comment

This topic is relevant to my interests.

Comment

Wait, when does all this kick in? This sounds ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Could start this in the irk thread about how badly I’ve been sleeping lately, but reached the hotel last night and ended up in bed and out cold before nine. Think I’ve had more sleep last night than I’ve been having every three or four days recently. If I wasn’t at the old man stage I am and had to get up for a pish three times in the night I might’ve got nine hours!
                You only really half-sleep when in strange/new environments. It's a self-defense mechanism

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Wait, when does all this kick in? This sounds ****.
                  At your age, probably in about a week or so.

Comment

:|

But

:|

Comment

The NHK guy visited our building last week while I was out.

Our current and previous flats are both ‘mansion’ types(building has a main entrance/lobby+lift), but the previous building was open during the day. To enter our current building, you need the key or to be buzzed in.

Anyway, he buzzed our flat and my wife answered. She found out recently that if you tell a visitor to “please go home”, legally they have to go away or face a fine/3 years prison. So she firmly and confidently told him to please go home and then pressed the button to open the entrance

He never actually reached our door so I guess he was trying the numbers one-by-one to gain access to the building.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

#playeeeer
                      Don’t hate the player, hate the (bed)frame

Comment

First time cleaning snow off my car before driving home from work!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                          Anyway, he buzzed our flat and my wife answered. She found out recently that if you tell a visitor to “please go home”, legally they have to go away or face a fine/3 years prison. So she firmly and confidently told him to please go home and then pressed the button to open the entrance
                          That fills in a blank for me. I used to get people coming over from NHK, papers, cable companies, even JWs once, but I always noticed when you asked them to leave, they would leave very quickly, often without and word and just a polite bow. I used to just think they were very polite/efficient (Japan, natch) but I guess this makes more sense now.

Comment

I'm still alive. Had one of those health scares - they found a lump in my thyroid. Tests and consultant visit today and he says it's nothing to worry about and doesn't even want to follow up any further. I have never heard these words from a health professional before today: "and sure if it is cancer, so what?" That was baffling but it made sense the way he explained it in terms of the chances being negligible and not being able to have any kind of effect in that area at the current size.

Anyway, I'm still alive and that's a big weight off my mind.

Comment

Please to hear you're well Dogg ... must feel like a great relief.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried.

Comment

Working...
                                X