No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not long, but I've already got an external drive connected. I always get worried with console that they are going to die a death, so I swap them round periodically. The Elite machine has a Hybrid SSD drive, so the OS is nippier. Tomb Raider was bundled with it too, so that saved me a few quid on something I was gonna buy.
    Are you still just 360? I found my old disc of Halo 4, I saw you said you hadn't played it. I can post it to you if you fancy.

Comment

You could always just delete things you don't use?

No?

Carry on then!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        Not long, but I've already got an external drive connected. I always get worried with console that they are going to die a death, so I swap them round periodically. The Elite machine has a Hybrid SSD drive, so the OS is nippier. Tomb Raider was bundled with it too, so that saved me a few quid on something I was gonna buy.
        Everything is coming up Millhouse! That's a nice treat to have bundled with it.

I'll have to get my head around external drives and upgrades and stuff when I finally upgrade.
        Am I right in thinking the one in the PS4 can be swapped but the XBox One can't. You can run games from and external drive though?

That's a good compromise with the Hybrid SSD and probably works quite nicely.

Is it still exciting setting it up or is it like the iPhone annual upgrade where the difference is minimal and each year the impact is reduced?

The Elite pad does look swiggedy sweet though!

Are you still just 360? I found my old disc of Halo 4, I saw you said you hadn't played it. I can post it to you if you fancy.
        I can't justify an upgrade, despite looking enviously at everyone playing Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and so on.
        I need to make a dent in my 360 pile first, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome Halo 4 with open arms, Boris!

That's incredibly generous of you! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          You could always just delete things you don't use?

No?

Carry on then!
          FAIL!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Everything is coming up Millhouse! That's a nice treat to have bundled with it.

I'll have to get my head around external drives and upgrades and stuff when I finally upgrade.
            Am I right in thinking the one in the PS4 can be swapped but the XBox One can't. You can run games from and external drive though?

That's a good compromise with the Hybrid SSD and probably works quite nicely.

Is it still exciting setting it up or is it like the iPhone annual upgrade where the difference is minimal and each year the impact is reduced?

The Elite pad does look swiggedy sweet though!

I can't justify an upgrade, despite looking enviously at everyone playing Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and so on.
            I need to make a dent in my 360 pile first, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome Halo 4 with open arms, Boris!

That's incredibly generous of you! Thank you!
            Yeah you cannot swap the internal drive as you can on the PS4, but you can use external drives. The external drives actually work better because it can actually load data faster through the USB 3.0 than it can through the SATA interface that the machine itself uses. So the Hybrid drive will only make a difference for the OS I'd imagine.
            There has just been the big new update for the Xbox with the new dashboard, that is quite exciting in itself as backwards compatibility has just gone live, so it's kind of exciting. About as exciting as going from IOS to a shiny new design in IOS7, beyond that it all does the same thing.

PM me your address and I'll stick it in the post

Comment

Night of free drinking and no hangover! Shame I didn't feel this good on Wednesday.

Comment

Spotted Irn Bru ice lollies in the supermarket. Bought them but I'm a little bit scared of trying them.

Comment

What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

He turns into Supergran?

Comment

I dunno, logic would dictate it would be the best thing ever but it was kinda just a Solero.

Comment

I prefer the logic that dictates you turn into Supergran

Comment

Someone spilled coffee on his Surface Pro.

We'll be replacing it for him but he has a lot of data so my manager said I can try breaking it and getting the SSD out.

SUPER FUN!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            Someone spilled coffee on his Surface Pro.

We'll be replacing it for him but he has a lot of data so my manager said I can try breaking it and getting the SSD out.

SUPER FUN!
                            Is it eve a regular SSD drive? My MBP just has a stupid row of chips , I'm not even sure what interface it uses or if I could get an adapter to connect it to a Sata plug

Comment

Is it eve a regular SSD drive? My MBP just has a stupid row of chips , I'm not even sure what interface it uses or if I could get an adapter to connect it to a Sata plug
                              Most probably M.2 and yes, there are adapters to standard SATA. However you have to know if it the drive is a SATA M.2 or a PCIE M.2 or it might not be the correct adapter.

Comment

M.2 is twice as fast as SATA3 though so you wouldn't want to do that anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X