No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music Magpie yet again. This time offering ?15 for my Japanese Wii Fit board+game.

I bought it when it came out in 2007 for about ?30 and wasn't able to shift it for anywhere near ?15 when I tried selling it a few years ago(understandable, considering P&P). Boxed boards+game in Japan are only a few quid a pop now. Next time I visit here I'll do a price check at Tsutaya and bring back some goodies to sell

Wanted to sell my (imo) B-grade iPad 2 to CeX but by the time I took it in the buy price had dropped from ?85 to ?80. Took it there today and the guy buying it graded it A so I got ?90

Plus I found out they do bank transfer in store which saves so much hassle(no need to visit again to get the cash if the item passes their tests).

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      If I don't get Zoids this year, Christmas is ruined.
      You'll probably ends up with R.A.T.S. instead.

Comment

Funny thing is, I probably will get Zoids for Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          You'll probably ends up with R.A.T.S. instead.
          Probably...

Comment

I really should probably have an Iron Kong!

Comment

Makes me smile to see the Casio watch I had in that catalogue (black with a calculator). That thing saved my bacon in a GCSE exam when I forgot my proper calculator!
              Funny thing is, you can still buy that watch new on Amazon - Linky

Edit: We had the later version of Zoids in the 90's, Kong and T-Rex were very similar only they were more shiney like chrome plated.

Comment

By the time I'd started working for Argos, the toy codes were just hitting the low 371s.

Comment

[MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION]

I pictured you by the fireplace with your grandchildren on your lap and that was halfway through the story.

Comment

I remember the time I forgot to add a sled when sending a big 530 down the belt. Obviously the customer wasn't too happy to see their tv come rolling down and bounce off the belt onto the floor...

Comment

Was it a CRT?

Comment

It was a 20" 4:3 CRT. Yes, I know. I never did it again.

Comment

Brilliant

Comment

Quality.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              It was a 20" 4:3 CRT. Yes, I know. I never did it again.
                              For some reason your story jogged my memory of when I worked in retail early 80's, normally the largest size telly was 26" but Sony did a superb 27", problem was it took four blokes to carry one, with no lift to bring it from the stockroom and a tight turn at the top of two flights of stairs the massive box took a major logistical operation to get it downstairs to the customer every time we sold one.

Comment

The Kryss method would have been useful maybe

Comment

Working...
                                X