No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ride it out the window into the car park - Dr Strangelove style!

Comment

The Street Fighter II: The Definitive Soundtrack that Nu-Eclipse bought me for Christmas.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Fitted a new radiator like a boss

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
          For some reason your story jogged my memory of when I worked in retail early 80's, normally the largest size telly was 26" but Sony did a superb 27", problem was it took four blokes to carry one, with no lift to bring it from the stockroom and a tight turn at the top of two flights of stairs the massive box took a major logistical operation to get it downstairs to the customer every time we sold one.
          I remember the first 32" Sony Widescreen I owned. It came with its own stand. I distinctly remember my mate and I carrying the TV in, putting it down in front of the stand, then actually making a cup of tea before picking it up again and placing it onto the stand.

They were unbelievably heavy things.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            Music Magpie yet again. This time offering ?15 for my Japanese Wii Fit board+game.

I bought it when it came out in 2007 for about ?30 and wasn't able to shift it for anywhere near ?15 when I tried selling it a few years ago(understandable, considering P&P). Boxed boards+game in Japan are only a few quid a pop now. Next time I visit here I'll do a price check at Tsutaya and bring back some goodies to sell

Wanted to sell my (imo) B-grade iPad 2 to CeX but by the time I took it in the buy price had dropped from ?85 to ?80. Took it there today and the guy buying it graded it A so I got ?90

Plus I found out they do bank transfer in store which saves so much hassle(no need to visit again to get the cash if the item passes their tests).
            There are some great deals to be had in CeX with trade-ins. At the start of this year I received ?170 from them for my iPad 2 on trade, and they had a sealed-in-the-plastic iPad Air 2 64GB for ?400.

So I upgraded from the iPad 2 to the Air 2 for just ?230. Good deal I thought. Particularly as the 2 is completely obselete at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              I remember the first 32" Sony Widescreen I owned. It came with its own stand. I distinctly remember my mate and I carrying the TV in, putting it down in front of the stand, then actually making a cup of tea before picking it up again and placing it onto the stand.

They were unbelievably heavy things.
              Not sure about the widescreens but regarding the 27 incher, the reason for the weight was that all the other manufacturers were making quick start tubes with microprocessors, Sony kept with valves for some time but it meant their TV's took a while to 'warm up'.

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone. Kids still awake at 1 and woke at 6... lol. I am a zombie.

Comment

Haha merry Christmas Charles, was the same in our house, my lad is online on his XBO now so peace has resumed, think I need a brandy in my coffee!!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Oh seeing my kids buzzing with their presents makes me smile
                  Last edited by chojin; 25-12-2015, 07:48.

Comment

Happy Christmas everyone.

Up at seven, 5k run, now scoffing porridge with clotted cream in it - oishii!

Comment

Merry Christmas all! Yeah, my kids were up just after 6 but I didn't let them get up until 7. Already exhausted but it's still so much fun seeing their excited faces. Now all is quiet as they get stuck into Happy Home Designer.

Comment

Son told me he woke at 5 but didn't want to come in till 6. \o/

I'm installing stuff for my new TomTom GPS watch with optical HR monitor. Might have to order the bike speed / cadence sensor (didn't even know about it till watching a youtube vid about teh watch).

Comment

Merry Christmas all Our two got us up around 7.00 which wasn't so bad. Santa brought lots of Lego this year. For the big kids and the little ones

Comment

Merry Christmas folks ^_____________^

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Comment

Merry Christmas, y'all

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone.

My two girls got up at 3.30am and then went back to bed for an hour and a half and got up at 5.00am. Couldn't calm them down enough to go back to sleep again. We were hosting family today as well. They've all just left however and kids in bed, totally exhausted now though. Missus got me a PS4 for a pressie but it's still in the box and can't be bothered setting it up tonight now. Job for tomorrow methinks.

Comment

Working...
                                X