Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power cut at work! Fingers crossed its serious enough to get sent home

Comment

Vast improvement on the original if you ask me...

Comment

During our end-of-year party I jankened my way into winning a pack of ten lottery tickets. Just checked the numbers and I've won ?3300(?15). My first lottery win! I was joking that they might sneak around paying me and say it's only for Japanese nationals or some nonsense so I'll try cashing in the ?300 ticket first, then the ?3000 one. Alternatively I'll get my gf to do it. Added smile: there's a lottery booth in our apartment building so we don't even have to go anywhere
        [MENTION=2357]Darwock[/MENTION]: Yeah, that's the worst type of douche. Maybe you can somehow inject comedy into the proceedings?

Comment

Successfully flashed my Nexus 7 2012 back to 4.4.4 after some faffing around with fastboot USB connection issues.
          Naturally I decided to start doing that at 10pm

Comment

There's something about the evening time that makes us want to do things that we know will take ages to finish.

Comment

Yeah I usually start trying to play a game on one of the Internet connected consoles and have multiple system updates and a mahoosive game patch to download before I get to play.... which finally kicks off around bedtime.

Comment

Was quoted in an article today for absolutely NO reason whatsoever. A Twitter throwaway comment that somehow landed in an article as if I knew something about the subject. Modern journalism is hilarious. Got a kick out of it though.

Comment

If I send an email to the whole company, I always add "Thank you for your co-operation".
                  I'm not really thanking them for their co-operation, I'm quoting Robocop.

Comment

Do you BCCQC?

Comment

Passed my JLPT N3

Gonna aim for N2 this December. I'm sure I'll fail but it'll be good motivation for study, especially if I start sooner(I started studying for N3 around October).

I won't bother with N1 as there's no point.

Comment

The thread on GAF about the Amber/Wiz/Kanye spat. Hilarious mostly because if the majority of the posters minds were any narrower their brains would choke.

Comment

Peter Serafinowicz gives Donald Trump a Cockney accent, but doesn't change what he says:

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            Passed my JLPT N3

Gonna aim for N2 this December. I'm sure I'll fail but it'll be good motivation for study, especially if I start sooner(I started studying for N3 around October).

I won't bother with N1 as there's no point.
                            GJ! N1 is interesting for the pointless vocab. and random grammar that you'll forget instantly. I failed JLPT level 1 in 2008 pretty much for those reasons. I'll try it again in 5 or 6 years, if I can manage to study between now and then.

One of the kids at Japanese Club at school just passed N1 (after spending a year in Japan doing nothing but study). Cue Facebook posts about how people who took N5 broke the JLPT website but their test didn't even matter compared to his. I got some sly jabs in that day

Comment

Thanks!

Passing N3 was one of my work goals so I'll get a pay rise because of it. That was pretty good motivation to study

I'm scared to do the same for N2 in case I fail it but I'll chat with my manager and decide. Maybe we can do it as a bonus goal.

Of course, N1 is useful/necessary in certain fields. When I was recruiting IT managers last year, our rule for non-Japanese guys was either N1 if they had no Japanese IT work experience or N2 with 5+ years of Japanese IT work experience. I think people usually take N1 because they're looking for a job and want a better chance but in my case, studying for N1 would take time away from studying IT stuff which actually would help my current job.

Comment

1st of the month means Y1000(6 quid) cinema tickets so I'm off to watch Star Wars again tonight and hopefully not fall asleep. Severe jet lag coupled with having to wear 3D glasses made for a horrible experience the first time around but today I'll be wide awake and it's in 2D so no worries there. I almost decided to go all-out and watch the MX4D one but there are no evening shows

Cinema tickets here are cheap. They're usually a tenner and even MX4D costs about 15 quid(never been, though), plus you can just take your own food.

Comment

Working...
                                X