• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
    Brilliant! Thanks for introducing me to the site

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      Brilliant! Thanks for introducing me to the site
      I like that site, but those cartoons are pretty pessimistic about life.

I can only handle a few at a time.

Comment

My bank (Lloyds) have just called me and have confirmed that, after my complaint on Wednesday, they are going to refund me every monthly account fee I've paid since May 1999!!!

It started at £5 a month and is currently £12.95 so goodness knows how much in total it will be but it's well over £1500!

Ka, and indeed, ching!!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I like that site, but those cartoons are pretty pessimistic about life.

I can only handle a few at a time

Comment

[13:47] * Forme ([email protected]) has joined #bordersdown
            [13:47] <Forme> Any news on my ceiling fan?
            [13:48] <Forme> It's still ticking.
            [13:48] * Forme ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: Page closed)

lol. http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=bordersdown

Comment

Just set the timer on the brand-new rice cooker the Japanesites of the forum suggested me. I'm actually thrilled to see how the rice turns out.

Comment

I've got a rice cooker from Iran. It's great. Put a bit of oil in and you end up with a crispy base that lifts off the non stick pan.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  I've got a rice cooker from Iran.
                  I was wondering where my wife went to...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post

Comment

Comment

Think the Windows XP workstation you use at the office is ancient? It doesn't hold a candle next to what the Grand Rapids Public School district is using to control its climate systems. All 19 schools covered by the authority depend on a nearly 30-year-old Commodore Amiga 2000 to automate their air conditioning and heating. It communicates to the other schools using a pokey 1,200 baud modem and a wireless radio so behind the times that it occasionally interferes with maintenance workers' walkie talkies. Oh, and a high school student wrote the necessary code -- if something goes wrong, the district has to contact the now middle-aged programmer and hope that he can fix it. It's a testament to the dependability of the Amiga in question, but you probably wouldn't want to trust the well-being of thousands of students to a computer that's probably older than some of the teachers.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                          Boom,Boom.

Jim Bowen is alive and well!

Comment

This is great, I read it in an article some years ago, the fact they are still going is ace.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              I've got a rice cooker from Iran. It's great. Put a bit of oil in and you end up with a crispy base that lifts off the non stick pan.
                              If you was ever wondering what the crispy bit is called it’s called concon. Quite common in the Caribbean to make rice like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                                This is great, I read it in an article some years ago, the fact they are still going is ace.
                                It also makes a mockery of companies charging millions for a new system when an Amiga can do the same job.

Comment

Working...
                                X