No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a barbershop chain here called QB House. It's around a fiver but getting a decent barber is a bit of a gamble and they usually just do basic cuts. Also, queues are usually long in the evenings/weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      How cheap living in Tokyo is.

Got my hair cut at a salon yesterday for £15 with shampoo and head massage. And the music was cool. And the guys are quick. 30 minutes in and out.
      Yeah; actually that's something I remember. I put off going to the barbers for ages when I went to Japan, so when I finally went, I recall going in, and the guy doing the following:
      • Providing coffee while I was waiting
      • Doing an initial quick cut to see how the style would work
      • Washing my hair
      • Doing a full cut
      • Doing hair removal stuff for my nose, ears, around the edges of my hair, neck, sideburns...
      • A second wash to remove all of the cut hair
      • A clean with wet disposable towels to clean off any remaining hair
      • Applying hair tonic
      • Shaving
      • A facial treatment involving hot towels
      • Styling my hair

I remember being in a mini-panic as I was worried about how much it would cost.

The guy wanted less than £20. I honestly asked him to keep the change; I couldn't believe how cheap it was.

Comment

Using my George Foreman grill to make paninis.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          Using my George Foreman grill to make paninis.

Comment

I love the fact you went searching for that

Comment

My sister in law is over visiting from Canada, so I’m doing my obligatory tour guide routine. Been to a few places today but still in awe every time I go through Glencoe -

Then I pass a million photo ops every time on the way to the stunning Isle of Skye where we are now, but I just live this photo I took at Loch Cluanie-

I ****ing love Scotland.

Comment

Listening to the original extended version of Axel F.

I absorbed that electro beat as a child and I was very very lucky.

I've done pretty bloody well tbh, listening to this choon is a celebration!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  My sister in law is over visiting from Canada, so I’m doing my obligatory tour guide routine. Been to a few places today but still in awe every time I go through Glencoe -

Then I pass a million photo ops every time on the way to the stunning Isle of Skye where we are now, but I just live this photo I took at Loch Cluanie-

I ****ing love Scotland.
                  Come see us in Alberta sometime. It's not Scotland, but the Rockies, Lake Minnewanka, Lake Louise, etc. are still pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                    I love the fact you went searching for that
                    Actually, Mr. Biffo tweeted it!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Actually, Mr. Biffo tweeted it!
                      I liked the idea that you only search for chimp related items

Comment

Wife and I getting ready for a casual stroll up what you see in the background.

Some time later in whipping wind and snow due to the altitude, but happy as it was just beautiful up there.

I wish we weren’t leaving Skye today, but I feel like this every time we come. Onward to more adventures!

Comment

I liked the idea that you only search for chimp related items
                          Kind of.
                          I only search for robot chimp items.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Brilliant photo!

Comment

Working...
                            X