No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooooh man, that book I should've taken. I have a book of 1920s New York skyscrapers, it's like Robocop, luxury, this was on the way to that, EPIC, I would've loved it.

Sitting on its own in the hot sunshine, seemingly a brand new £30+ coffee table book, no cars about and the tweetage of birds, Texan heat. All on its own, surreally and randomly.

And I left it there. It was my sign.

I want that book now. Bah. Bad sesh as well. I think I got my own Jed Maxwell...

Comment

If things had gone according to my plans, I'd be on Big Island with my wife, mother and sister right now. We'd all be losing weight while slow-motion running from lava.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        If things had gone according to my plans, I'd be on Big Island with my wife, mother and sister right now. We'd all be losing weight while slow-motion running from lava.
        Anglesey?

Comment

Hawai'i.

Comment

Off to the Tommy Magnum convention?

Comment

Oh god. One of my work colleagues announced last week he is having a hair transplant, now I've been hooked on the YouTube channels of assorted folk desperate for a second chance of a mane. It's sad, tbh. One even describes it as "a silent epidemic of enormous, biblical proportions".

Like going bald is a disease. I wanna punch these people.

Being desperate is a disease.

Comment

It dipped into the Irk thread but I'll qualify the post by clarifying matters somewhat.

My smile is at the absurd desperation that propels it. The pursuit of validation of the self through obsession over a thatch on the heed.

Comment

Chatting about SQL queries in Japanese with my manager while we take a slash(in separate urinals).

My Japanese really should be better than it is but occasions like this do make me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    Chatting about SQL queries in Japanese with my manager while we take a slash (in separate urinals).
                    So, it was a data stream, rather than a data dump?

Comment

Comment

I managed to remember to buy that £1 Live Pass with only an hour left, unlike some other losers.

Comment

I see that people are paying over the odds on eBay for "rare" PS4s with the PT demo on them but I just restored PT from my old PS4 to my pro so not that rare really lol. Money to be made buying used PS4s and restoring the PT demo to them before selling on perhaps?

Comment

I think you'd need to leave your account info on the PS4, though. You could probably remove pertinent stuff like CC and change the name and address to Alan Partridge of Norfolk or whatever but I'd still feel a bit uneasy doing that. Might be worth setting up a bogus account and downloading random free stuff on it just in case!

I don't have one but I 'bought' the demo at the time. Unfortunately, I believe not downloading it means the license never got activated so I wouldn't be able to download it now.

Comment

You can't download it even if you did activate it and download it originally it seems.

Comment

Was it actually THAT good to begin with?

Basically a 1hr long walking simulator is the vibe I got.

Comment

Working...
                                X