Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
    Our cat disappeared two weeks ago, out at 0200 looking for her checking the busy road at the front and all around the back but nothing.
    Posters up on lamposts, out every night looking but nothing, put her details with the vet, RSPCA, animal shelter and an online service. Contacted the council to find if they had recovered any animals but still nothing.

A week last Friday me and the wife going out shopping just after midday heard a cat crying over the back of the house in the distance, didn't sound like her but we couldn't locate the sound when going out the back gate.

Another week of looking but till nothing, then last Friday as we are going out again on another search I heard that cat crying, but again we couldn't locate the noise, I happened to turn around to see our cat at the bedroom window of next door!
    Cat napping! Did you dramatically break the door in to rescue your lost puss puss?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      Cat napping! Did you dramatically break the door in to rescue your lost puss puss?
      Haha, not quite as dramatic!

It must have sneaked in at some point and then couldn't get out. It's very timid - but actually half feral by my reckoning, anyway it must have been hiding under a bed somewhere when someone was in then trying to get something to eat etc when the house was empty.

It eat about three days worth of food in about thirty minutes when we got it back, neighbours were located in a local pub and thankfully came back to let us get it out, they couldn't believe it and had no idea they had an extra guest for all that time.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
        Japanese people call cooks cocks(コック), which is fair enough.

Yesterday I bought some hair grease called Cock Grease but it's pronounced 'cook grease'(クックグリース) in Japanese.

WHY, JAPANESE PEOPLE? WHYYY???
        Don't you like eating food handled by コック?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          Don't you like eating food handled by コック?
          If someone managed to prepare food for me using his コック, I'd eat it just out of respect.

Comment

The 'new' Resi (Resi 7).

It is deffo bringing a smile to my face. LIKE it, hope I'll LOVE it soon.

Time will always tell.

Comment

Finally decanted the wine I made from last seasons blackberries. Man, it's delicious. Really clean, sweet flavour. Much tastier than grape wine.

Comment

Was feeling really on it last night. Joyous. Calm. Almost masterful. In control. Zen like...

Went for a walk around 10pm, ended up down by the river. I really like it there. Decided to sit down on a rock, listen to the water, and meditate for a while. One minute in and the midges appeared and started nibbling on me, soon drove me nuts, I could feel irritation rising, they were ruining my peace, my calm, my joy was evaporating, and soon enough I could take no more. They'd sent me packing. I walked away not feeling very joyous, or calm, or Zen, and certainly not masterful. I had been humbled by insects. Put in my place by creatures barely big enough to see. Haha. I smiled as I realised my folly. Sometimes teachers appear in the most unexpected places.

Comment

The idea of you swearing at the midges and walking off in a huff =

Comment

How many did you kill, Zen?

You could've killed the whole swarm if you wanted to. Nobody around, you in a rage.

Mashing flies in a heavenly place.

Comment

I found something in Walmart that I had a hand in creating 25-odd years ago.

Chocolate Pizza.

Although my receipe has marshmallows on it, this is just chocolate. White, milk, dark.

And so dinner is double-pizza. Regular to start, dessert pizza to finish.

Comment

I've like the idea of chocolate pizza but not after regular pizza. I usually don't want to look at a bread-like thing afterwards so my dessert is usually ice cream or cake. Interestingly, I've never felt in the mood for a dessert pizza unless I'm actually eating a regular pizza so I may never know the wonders held within its sweet borders.

Comment

Would not touch that shish with a halberd with a ball of shish moulded about the blade.

Comment

Pizzas are for CHEESE, duh.

(said in smug Simon Pegg voice)

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                              I've like the idea of chocolate pizza but not after regular pizza. I usually don't want to look at a bread-like thing afterwards so my dessert is usually ice cream or cake. Interestingly, I've never felt in the mood for a dessert pizza unless I'm actually eating a regular pizza so I may never know the wonders held within its sweet borders.
                              It was more of a biscuit base than a dough one and was actually really good. I should have put marshmallows, but that was my error.

Comment

Homemade rhubarb crumble with custard.

Comment

Working...
                                X