No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovered that the Chinese even knock-off the LED light kits for teh Gundams... I can make my Unicorn Banshee glow for 1/4 the cost of the official Bandai kit

Comment

Calgary plans on restricting the places you can smoke weed. Permitted areas have to be at least 50 metres from schools and 100 metres from playgrounds or sports fields.

Comment

I missed all the juicy stuff too.

I know RS was nuts but I liked his nutsness. I feel like me, him and Zen Monkey make similarish posts at points, from a slightly different perspective on each, the external madnesses affected by fractals like some weird tree growing from the moss in Michael Barrymore's long-deserted backyard jacuzzi.

Like some weird triumvirate, three weird online 'brothers' because we all post wordy mad stuff.

RIP Replicashooter. I'd say it was the rabies that got him. Entertaining rabies.

Comment

Funny you say that. Reading through his recent blow-up, I was thinking RS is a poor man's JazzFunk.

He did create the brilliant 'Are You Happy?' thread and was friendly with me in PMs about PlayStation stuff so maybe he's an unwilling host to inner turmoil that pops out occasionally like a xenomorph at the dinner table.

And his tirades would probably be funny if he didn't belittle pretty much everyone on the forum for not being 'authentic'.

Here's a swipe at Zaki:

"if you were and had been your own boss all of your life then you too would be vastly different from the PG rated mask you currently believe to be you as your authenticity has been slowly chipped away in order to participate in the game until you only feel safe when engaging in the charade but deep inside there are the remains of the real you who knows that I’m right, however I may or may not say it. "

He'd accept a leg-up and then marvel at his wicked jumping skills.

Comment

Any fair or thought-provoking points were lost in a tirade of judgemental unpleasantness. Going on David Icke style rants about identity, truth and free thought, but presenting it in such an arrogant manner that it alienated people, isn’t productive. As a poster boy for his product, he was a terrible advert.

Scratch one narcissist.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              I feel like me, Replicashooter and Zen Monkey make similarish posts at points

Comment

ReplicaTrump was given a chance to remain here, didn’t take it, no loss to the forum.

@JazzFunk, you aren’t the same people. You aren’t malicious in your postings, or throw tantrums when told you’re taking it too far, you’re just daft as a brush.

Comment

Comment

ReplicaTrump!

I often imagine what these folks are like off forum, and if they act/speak the same way in real life. Might be amusing for spectators, but not the people they interact with on a daily basis.

Who knows, maybe this forum was an outlet for their alter egos, and banning them has unleashed the beast into the real world.

Here be dragons.

Comment

Bonus points for the Metal Slug tank.

Comment

There are quite a few banned peeps(or who probably got close to being banned) that I'd like to have met in real life.

I'm not into the whole online persona thing myself.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                          I'd have banned you from matches, but each to their own...
                          i was thinking the same thing

"Tiny Joe you do understand why I'm confiscating all your lego don't you? we cant have you setting fire to it, now put your matches away its time for tea"

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            There are quite a few banned peeps(or who probably got close to being banned) that I'd like to have met in real life.

I'm not into the whole online persona thing myself.
                            It boggles the mind, doesn't it?
                            There's some kind of safety behind a keyboard.
                            If some people were at the pub speaking to their mates in the same way they do online, they wouldn't be mates for long.
                            Where does "keeping it real" get you? Friendless IRL and banned from a laid-back forum.

The one upside to RS's "keeping it real" thread is that it elicited some sound responses from some of you level-headed guys.
                            I particularly liked:
                            Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            Long story short, you're advocating that being a bellend is a good thing.

You just have to not be a bellend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              i was thinking the same thing

"Tiny Joe you do understand why I'm confiscating all your lego don't you? we cant have you setting fire to it, now put your matches away its time for tea"
                              I'm not actually sure where I acquired the matches. I think it was more what could have happened that my mom was angry about. I think there was some carpet burning involved too.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I didn't mind RS too much myself. I mean he didn't sound like somebody I'd go out for a pint with, but he did engage me in arguments long after people like Dogg and Wools had given up. I guess the difference is that I just like to wind people up with my incessant pedantry, whereas he seemed to be genuinely getting a rage on about things.

It's all very well with that "live by your own rules" talk, but it's not like he didn't use money or eat food like the rest of society. I really don't think that he refused to say thanks to somebody who held a door open for him (because it was hiding behind a mask), instead of punching them in the face.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X