No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worked for Apple. Then Microsoft. Then myself in IT. Now teach on the international school circuit. Currently Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
      Guessing you are at Amecon then

We're off to Tokonatsu next week and I have been doing some final last minute quick attempt of a cosplay to wear. First con of the year for us and really hoping the weather is ok (camping)
      Yeah, it was AmeCon. Wasn't the best event this time around sadly! Had fun due to friends and the girlfriend of course but felt like things were falling apart at the seams organisation wise.

Just seen your name on the member list of Hibanacon, guess I'll be seeing you and Asura there?
      Last edited by speedlolita; 31-07-2018, 19:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
        Worked for Apple. Then Microsoft. Then myself in IT. Now teach on the international school circuit. Currently Singapore.
        If I had those companies on my CV, I would certainly have more confidence

I've been in the media industry for too long. Hopefully moving to a high profile tech company if all goes well next Tuesday.

Terrified.

Comment

Thing is, most schools don’t give a ****. A lot of Principals ****ted their way into their positions and don’t deserve them at all. Hence my interview technique. I dont want to work for people like that. Especially if they went school to uni to teaching and never actually lived in the real world.

Good luck!

I’m back at work after 7 weeks hols in China.

Terrified!
          Last edited by Jaz; 01-08-2018, 13:18.

Comment

Thanks mate! Fingers crossed.

Just need to read a 160 page report and learn everything in that.

Then I need to explain problem solving processes and how to handle irate customers...

7 weeks of holiday! amazing! I've not even been able to take 4 days off

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
              Thing is, most schools don’t give a ****. A lot of Principals ****ted their way into their positions and don’t deserve them at all. Hence my interview technique. I dont want to work for people like that. Especially if they went school to uni to teaching and never actually lived in the real world.

Good luck!

I’m back at work after 7 weeks hols in China.

Terrified!
              Principal at my new school's motto is apparently "I don't care what you teach, what are your extra-curriculars?"
              They gave me the job and assigned me the swim team. I can't say what the guy is like as I've barely said 2 words to him.

Comment

We have flexi time in my department and I'd been pushing it to the limits recently, usually working 11-8:00. I'd be home just before 9:00, eat dinner around 9:30 and *BAM* the day was almost over.

Rinse and repeat.

When given an inch, you're darn tootin' I'll take the whole mile so something had to be done. I'm not very self-motivated so I fessed up and asked my manager to put me on an earlier schedule and take me off flexi time. It felt liberating to discuss a weakness with my manager.

So this week I've been working 8-5 and it's fantastic. Granted, I still roll in late, around 8:30, but the day flies by and I'm home before 6. The gym is always empty around that time so I go there before dinner. This is one of the biggest improvements, I think. Before, I'd go gym in the morning but I have more energy in the evening for better sessions.

Comment

Comment

Had an interesting day at work yesterday, my last day before some holiday time off.

Day included
                    - Rather potty but harmless guy who always preaches about the million health problems he has. Guy genuinely has several health issues but mention anything like water, cotton rolls etc and he will mention some link to his illness/ suspected illness/ miracle cure. The guy came in as an emergency and just would NOT listen and shut up. After taking a tooth out whenever he asked for advise and was given it, he would say the exact opposite driving the dentist to the point of shouting at me to be quiet when I tried to lessen the tension. He later apologized but said he was a hair's breadth from strangling the guy.
                    - Little kid, with no prompt in the middle of his brother's exam, shouts "THEY CALL ME VINNIE!!!!". We all had a chuckle at that one.
                    - Mum came in with crazy fake boobs wearing a string vest top. Had to cover them up pretty quick for her emergency exam! Seriously, I heard that a particular dentist gets a lot of women wearing low cut tops cause he is attractive but this was ridiculous (she was his patient but he was away on holiday)

Also this week I saw a kid with super numeracy teeth for the first time. Seen adults with the odd extra tooth but not a 4 year old.
                    Had an adult upset she was loosing an upper wisdom tooth which was causing some bother, upset the fact she wouldn't have a 'full' set. Wen we went in to numb up, turns out she had an extra wisdom tooth so technically she left with as many teeth we thought she had.
                    The kid this week had 5 teeth between his canine teeth as apposed to 4.

Comment

Paid the deposit on our new apartment, and sorted the tenant insurance for only ~$2.50 on top of our car insurance.

Comment

First episode of High Score Girl.

Comment

Music. I’ve got such a thirst for new artists it’s almost like being a teenager again, hunting it down, getting lost in it. Awesome!

Comment

Got the reboot Nokia 3310 last Saturday on sale in Argos, thought I'd upgrade my crappy £10 Mobiwire, jeezis what a horrible phone.

I have to say I love this as a crappy phone. It feels so lovely in the hand and the buttons make you feel harpstrings in your heart. I got the 'red' but it's more a lurid salmon but I love it LOVE it!!!!

Comment

Lurid salmon is my new favourite colour/nasty fish.

Comment

The Beano are redoing their classic fan club pack with the wallet and badges (Gnasher with googly eyes). I lost my originals decades ago so it was great to get these new versions when they arrived yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X