Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cereal Thriller! Your fave brekkie bowls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not smashing the place, I'm smashing the system.

Comment

I'd love to say you're jealous and wish you'd come up with the idea first, but you really did!

Comment

I intend to bring crumpets into this discussion, promoting a higher quality of breakfast thread with the intention of driving you lot out.

Comment

I've recently found Kellogg's crunchy nut granola with hazelnuts which is pretty amazing.
          Just beats my previous favourite Kellogg's Crunchy nut clusters. Nature Valley granola is another good one. Kellogg's Cornflakes and Crunchy nut cornflakes are always nice if I fancy a change as well.
          I like to have a couple of cereals on the go through to keep my taste buds fresh

Comment

Quakers granola harvest+brown sugar frosted wheats with chocolate milk.
            On yeeaaah.

Although generally I have cheddar cheese, Cajun chicken and salsa salami on ciabatta.

Comment

In my ongoing efforts to cut out as much sugar as possible, I've had to swear off almost all the regular boxed types because they all contain insane amounts of it. I'm in Chompy's camp actually, preferring some weetabix with maybe some marmalade on top. I also like plain bran flakes with blueberries, but Taiwan is such a rancid **** hole, I can very rarely even find something as simple as that. These days I tend to eat whatever I make for my son, which is typically pancakes, overnight oats, eggs with soldiers, etc., rather than cereal. Whenever a friend goes abroad though I ask them to try to bring me back some Lucky Charms as a special treat, since they remain a perennial favourite.

Comment

Mostly, I just eat the boring ones but my treats are Sugar Puffs and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Actually, I haven't had Sugar Puffs in a long time. Do they even make them any more?

Comment

I need to swap to standard Weetabix as you can have a couple, they're really low in sugar and salt and fill you up for longer.

Problem is, they're really bland. I might try the golden syrup ones.

There's an American shop selling food items in Coventry that has some good cereals, but my tiny local Tesco has a small American section. Aside from the Pepsi Classic, Tabasco Chocolate, cinnamon chewing gum and white Oreoes, they also have some cereals.
                  I just know a bowl of Lucky Charms would be like injecting sugar intravenously though!

Comment

Curiously Cinnamon or Cheerios for me, usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Mostly, I just eat the boring ones but my treats are Sugar Puffs and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Actually, I haven't had Sugar Puffs in a long time. Do they even make them any more?
                      I think they changed the name to Honey Puffs after they had to remove a lot of the sugar from the recipe.

I've never personally liked them.

My favourite cereal was Kellogg's Hot Crumbly, many years ago - though we stopped getting it as the calorie count was excessive.

Comment

That's funny because they contain hardly any honey.

Comment

I'll just leave this here

Comment

Capt crunch or reese's for me

But I like to combo and have done since I was a wee boy so these have stolen my idea, should have used a patent

Anyway current Fav is banana or chocolate weetabix mini's with coco pops or nesquick

Comment

I merged the threads.

I eat a fair amount of oat based cereals.
                              And just plain porridge with honey.

Quaker Oats Wholesome Crunch with Pecan and Brazil nuts is great.
                              Mornflake Gold Oatbran Granola with nuts and seeds this morning.

Still partial to Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, but they go so quickly and don't keep me going through till lunchtime.

Comment

Porridge with some raisins when I actually have breakfast.

Comment

Working...
                                X